Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
AOL by George The Inside Story of America Online
- Entertaining non-technical account of the origins of America Online in San Francisco by a founding talent insider.
All About America
- A pocket sized easy to read history of the US. Includes: declaration of independence, constitution of the United States, Articles of confederation, Federalist Papers.
Always Something Doing: Scollay Square
- The second edition book about Boston's erstwhile entertainment district, is full of historical surprises. In the same place where Edison and Bell invented and William Lloyd Garrison fought against slavery.
America Named After Him
- This is the fascinating account of how the name was mistakenly attributed to amerigo vespucci, instead of Richard Ameryk.
Bounty Beyond the Voyage
- Book written to mark the bicentenary of the Mutiny on the Bounty details the story from the building of Bounty in hull right though all the repercussions that touched so many lives to 1989.
- Tells of the events leading up to the Emancipation Decree of 1848,in the Danish West Indies.
- Author Norm Ledgin theorizes that Thomas Jefferson had Asperger's Syndrome (high-functioning autism), thus explaining his eccentricities. Site includes ordering information, a synopsis of the work, news releases, author interview, and information about the medical condition.
Eddystone 300 - The Finger Of Light
- Commemorating the 300th anniversary of the first lighthouse on the Eddystone Rock near Plymouth, England.
Exiled to Siberia: Crescent Lake Publishing
- Book about a Pole exiled to Siberia. Site also provides an online short story by Klaus Hergt.
Farallon: Shipwreck and Survival on the Alaska Shore
- About an incident in January 1910.
George Washington and the Battle of Yorktown
- By Richard Ferrie, for teen-age readers.
Horse Soldiers, a Civil War Story
- Presents the Civil War from the perspective of the Southerners trying to preserve their way of life against the greed of the Northerners bent on total domination of the South.
John Wilkes Booth: Every Day
- A chronicle of Booth's daily activities leading up to the assassination of President Lincoln.
Lincolnshire Country Life
- A story about Fenlanders by Stanley Naylor, describing a typical working life in Lincolnshire beside The Wash in between the two Great Wars.
On Foreign Soil
- Jewish life in Tsarist Russia, the First World War, the Russian Revolution, and postwar Poland from a uniquely Jewish perspective.
One Eye Closed, the Other Red
- Book by Clifford James Walker offering eyewitness accounts to bootlegging, prostitution, and organized crime in 1920s California.
Opium an Introduction
- Cultural history of opium in the 19th-century.
Picture Guide to Black America
- Illustrated book on Washington, DC, featuring monuments and historical sites.
Red Ink, White Lies
- Chronicles the rise and fall of six daily newspapers in Los Angeles dring an era of the city's most fierce newspaper wars.
- Proposes that the Hess (Hitler's Nazi deputy) held in Spandau Prison was a double put up by British Intelligence.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor