Conditions and Diseases
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Adams Tarleine Skin Care Ointment
- This product of pine tar and zinc oxide was trademarked in 1957 for treating psoriasis and eczema.
Ageless Herbal Products
- Miracle wound healing and skin cures are some of the claims to be found at this South African site. The US FDA does not approve herbal remedies as stated at the site. Any products which make disease treatment claims become FDA classified as drugs, requiring full safety testing and registration to be legally marketed.
Amjo Corp - Phototherapy Lamps
- Amjo sells full spectrum ultraviolet, UVB, and UVA lamps for tanning and skin treatment. Phototherapy lamps require a doctor's prescription in the USA. UV exposure risks and precautions are not fully explained at the sites. See the Psoriasis Hall of Pshame listing for Amjo.
Blue Lagoon Psoriasis Clinic
- This unique public spa is located near Reykjavik, Iceland. A new clinic and conference center opened in July 1999. Indoor pools and steam caves now offer a quiet refuge from the nearby geothermal power plant. The site also carries a line of skin care products.
Buy Books on Psoriasis and Support the NPF
- This volunteer-run site has a large list of psoriasis books and links to multiple booksellers. All referral fees go directly as donations to the National Psoriasis Foundation. Any purchases of other products via search links on this page will help, too.
Clay from Acticells
- Dubious "facts" are presented at this site. Claims of a cure or permanent relief from psoriasis need to be substantiated. No other members of a "Psoriasis Online Association" could be found.
Cozy International - Dead Sea Bath Salts
- The major benefit of Dead Sea spa treatments for psoriasis comes from the sun exposure, but adding salt to a bath can be beneficial. A typical bath would need about 70 pounds of salt to match the salinity of the Dead Sea.
Daavlin Company - Phototherapy Equipment
- Daavlin manufactures UVA, Broad UVB and Narrow Band UVB equipment for the home and the professional office. These medical devices are widely used for the treatment of psoriasis. A doctor's prescription is required for purchase.
Dead Sea Cosmetics 4U
- This site sells Dead Sea minerals and mud for cosmetic use. Mineral treatment for a variety of medical conditions is proposed, based on published benefits of phototherapy.
Dermac Labs - Mink Oil skin care products
- A money back guarantee is offered, but psoriasis treatment claims require FDA approval.
- The skin and scalp psoriasis treatments in the Del Laboratories Dermarest product line use salicylic acid as the active ingredient.
Dermazinc distributor - Sanavita
- This former Skin-Cap distributor now makes the same claims for Zinc Pyrithione. ZnP was removed from the FDA list of approved psoriasis treatments in 1991. Dermazinc is an attempt to clone the banned Skin-Cap by adding prescription steroids. See the Skin-Cap FAQ.
Dr. J.R.K's Siddha Research & Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
- Indian Pharmaceutical company manufacturing, marketing effective & safe herbal products for PSORIASIS, VITILIGO and any other skin aliments.
- Promoted as a rejuvenating cure-all, these products contain Novacaine, a local anesthetic. Gerovital products have been banned in the US since 1982 after being deemed a postal fraud in 1981. Search on "Gerovital" at the US FDA or Government health sites for details and warnings.
Insitu-Psor by Insitumed
- This is an OTC lotion based on salicylic acid for the treatment of hyperprolferative skin conditions like psoriasis. Insitumed claims it is also useful for herpes, shingles, and cold sores.
Ken Kessler - Using Topical Nystatin
- The actual method of treatment is not mentioned at the site, only clues about yeast. Payment of $150 (originally $15) brings an email that describes how to mix nystatin, a prescription antifungal, with vaseline. [See the Psoriasis Hall of PShame for complete details]
La Roche Posay Thermal Spa
- This site is presented by a society of treatment spa hotels in the town of La Roche-Posay, France. Mineral water bath and phototherapy treatments are available for various skin conditions, including psoriasis.
Lupicare Skin Care Products
- These widely advertised herbal products are back on the market with salicylic acid added as an active ingredient, which allows various OTC drug claims for treating psoriasis.
Neutrogena T/Gel Shampoo products
- Neutrogena makes a line of coal tar, salicylic acid, and hyrocortisone shampoo products for nonprescription treatment of scalp flaking and itching.
PSorSite - Dave's Psoriasis Info
- This organized index of psoriasis information features site ratings, treatment reviews, explanations, and references to background information. The psorsite is an extension of Dave's active contributions to the Usenet support group.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor