Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Glimpse of Atomic-Scale Computing
- LA Times - IBM physicists announced a breakthrough today that demonstrates atomic-scale circuitry - millions of times smaller than today's computer microprocessors - is feasible, and may eventually render modern electronic circuitry obsolete.
A Mechanical Artificial Red Cell: Respirocytes
- First nanorobot device design paper ever published in a peer-reviewed, mainstream medical journal.
AAAS Nanotechnology Issue
- American Association for the Advancement of Science's Nanotechnology Issue: 'Dancing' tin may promise new nanomotors, from Sandia National Laboratories
Atom Optics Technologies Could Be Phenomenal
- Nanoscale manufacturing via matter waves. "Just as light behaves both as waves or particles (photons), so matter must behave as particles (atoms) or waves (matter waves)."
- Scientific American - metal atoms inside buckyballs inside nanotubes
Carbon Nanotube Integrated Circuit
- Physics News - current densities hundreds of times greater than that of common metals; also: heat conductivity almost as high as that of diamond; superconductivity in nanotube ropes; nanotube/buckyball peapods; nanotubes as atomic force microscope probes.
Carbon Nanotube Transistors
- IBM News - IBM scientists have developed a breakthrough transistor technology by building the world's first array of transistors out of carbon nanotubes using a new technique called "constructive destruction".
- About.com - The nanomechanical properties of DNA are discussed with references to in vivo implications of supercoiling as an ionic switch.
Designer Molecules: It's Time to Think Small
- Far Eastern Economic Review - Nanotechnology has long had the potential to revolutionize a host of industries. Now it's on the threshold of having real-world applications.
Feynman - There's Plenty of Room at the Bottom
- a transcript of the classic talk given by Richard Feynman at the annual meeting of the American Physical Society at Caltech.
First Chemical Reaction performed via STM
- Major Milestone: scientists at the University of Berlin use a scanning tunneling microscope (STM) to manipulate single molecules to perform a complete chemical reaction.
Hewlett-Packard Labs Worldwide - News
- HP Labs scientists have created the first molecular-based logic gate.
Honey, I shrunk the scientist
- MSNBC: Technology on the Frontier - Virtual reality technology enables microscopic probing
- About.com - The arrangement of atoms into cylindrical nanocrystals is a stable phase for numerous elements. The inert nature of boron nitride and tungsten disulfide nanotubes makes them particularly durable molecular components for NEMS.
Intel builds world's smallest transistors
- Transistors three atoms thick could boost chip speeds sixfold in five years.
Is the future nano?
- Chembytes e-zine - Overview of nanotechnology: yesterday and today.
- Technology Review: MIT's Magazine of Innovation - molecular electronics, switches, nanotubes as wires, all via chemistry
NEC: Press Release
- Ultra Precise Nanometer-scale 3D Production Technology used to make world's smallest wineglass
Nanoelectromechanical systems (NEMS) face the future
- PhysicsWeb - A host of novel applications and new physics could be unleashed as microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) shrink towards the nanoscale (significant useful technical detail)
Nanotech Goes to Work
- Technology Review: MIT's Magazine of Innovation - "dip-pen nanolithography", "Millipede" (AFM-based memory), nanoscale cantilever sensors, nano resonator, and magnetic resonance imaging of individual molecules.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor