Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
ASME: Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) Division
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers: promoting the art and science of mechanical engineering of engines, encouraging and fostering research and development, and summarizing and publishing reliable data on these topics since 1921.
Bourke Engine Com LLC
- Very simple, efficient, 'green' piston engine technology. Developed in the 1930s, patents expired. Inventor died after building devices, but without financial success.
Ceramic Engine Technology
- Describes internal combustion piston engine built of Silicon material: treats advantages and costs; some small physics errors.
Constant Pressure Engines, Inc.
- Manufacturer of high efficiency / low emission piston engines, based on the Russell Bourke engine design.
- Designer and manufacturer of diesel engines for on-highway vehicles, industrial equipment, and power generation.
Diesel Cycle visualization
- Java applet showing the pressure-volume diagram for Diesel engines.
Diesel: All Diesel WebRing
- WebRing for diesel enthusiasts, owners, mechanics, sellers, more.
- A revolutionary new engine design which yields a piston engine with the shape of a turbine.
GE Aircraft Engines
- Manufacturer of marine, industrial and aircraft jet engines. Specifications and other information on their complete line of engines.
- Manufactures engines, transmissions, castings, and components for GM cars and trucks, and for non-GM OEMs. Extensive engine and transmission specifications and motorsports news.
- Information, discussion, reviews related to General Motors (GM) line of diesel engines, including the new Duramax, and other diesels in general. A.k.a.: Dura-Max.com, Diesel-Truck.com, GM-Diesel.com, Chevy-Diesels.com, GMC-Diesel.com.
HowStuffWorks: How Two-stroke Engines Work
- Illustrated tutorial with animation fully describles 2-cycle engines and why you see a sheen of oil around any two-stroke boat motor.
HowStuffWorks: Automobile Ignition Systems
- Colorful animations show how an ignition system must work in perfect concert with the rest of the engine. Explains difference between 'hot' and 'cold' spark plugs.
HowStuffWorks: Car Engine
- Explains basics of Otto cycle (spark ignition, gasoline) engines well, with a useful animation.
HowStuffWorks: Diesel Engines
- Explains basics well, with a useful animation, and differences between Otto (spark ignition, gasoline) and Diesel (compression ignition) engines.
HowStuffWorks: How Turbochargers Work
- Illustrated tutorial shows how a turbocharger increases the power output of the engine while surviving extreme operating conditions.
Kramer 2-cycle engine
- Opposed, cross-feed, super-charged, two-cycle, compound, internal combustion engine, featuring purge air. U.S.Pat. 1993.
Miller: How Stuff Works: How Does a Miller Cycle Engine Work?
- Brief explanation of Miller cycle (Otto cycle variant) with one link.
Miller: Mazda: The Inside Story on the Miller Cycle Engine
- Explains why Miller cycle (forced induction Otto-cycle) is more efficient than pure Otto cycle: it reduces the effective compression stroke. Mazda makes and sells some cars with Miller cycle engines.
- Engine with oscillating flaps instead of pistons, substituting crank gear. Claims higher efficiency, better power to weight ratio, lesser internal resistance for minimum stating effort & fuel thrifty idle running.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor