Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Concise History of Thermodynamics
- An overview of the history/evolution of thermodynamics. This is an excerpt from a biography of J. Willard Gibbs. Permission to use this excerpt was given by Yale University. The overview is available from the site in MS Word or pdf/Acrobat format.
- A good general discussion of the physics and concept of "temperature."
Applied Thermodynamic and Phase Equilibria
- Research laboratory for phase equilibria at high pressures and applied thermodynamics for the chemical and process industry.
- Applet showing the physics processes of a Carnot heat engine by Fu-Kwun Hwang of the National Taïwan Normal University.
Chemical Kinetics and Thermochemistry Database for High-Temperature Materials Synthesis
- The database includes: 1) thermodynamic data (heats of formation, enthalpies, entropies, and heat capacities) for gas-phase species and 2) kinetic mechanisms composed of elementary gas-phase and surface reactions that describe various CVD processes.
- Cogeneration in Europe : legislation, technical information,facts and figures about cogen (simultaneous production of heat and electricity).
- Basic information about burners, combustion and boilers efficiency.
Cooling Towers: Design and Operation Considerations
- An article about the types, design, and operation of cooling towers, by Christopher M. A. Haslego.
Dave's Conduction Helper
- A tutorial, by David Anderson of Purdue University, about heat transfer through conduction.
First and Second Laws of Thermodynamics
- Demonstrations of the first and second laws of thermodynamics using basic and everyday applications, by John Pratte at Clayton College & State University.
- A wide range of courses and hands-on software workshops on many aspects of heat exchanger thermal and mechanical design and these are given at regular intervals in different parts of the world
- A Java applet to deduce the cross-sectional profile of a heated conductive bar based on its temperature.
Heat Transfer Net
- A very complete site about heat transfer. Many links (worldwide technical reviews, conferences, publishers) and documentations for teachers, students and specialists.
Ideal Gas Law
- Applet illustrating the ideal gas law : action of a piston in a pressure chamber filled with ideal gas.
International Centre for Heat and Mass Transfer (ICHMT)
- Research center in Turkey. Some useful links with other organizations and information about technical meetings.
International Journal of Thermal Sciences
- Directory of the previous issues of the International Journal of Thermal Science - Revue Générale de Thermique and how to be published in this Journal. Links towards the others Elsevier sciences news and books.
Key values for Thermodynamics
- Internationally agreed values for the thermodynamical properties of key chemical substances, by the Committee on Data for Science and Technology CODATA. Includes standard enthalpy of formation and entropy at 298.15 K.
Micro Chemical and Thermal Systems
- Pacific Northwest National laboratory,operated by Battelle, for the Department of Energy, is involved in the development of Micro Chemical and Thermal Systems, MICRO-CATS.
Properties Of Some Organic Compounds
- Physical properties.
TEST, The Expert System For Thermodynamics
- A general-purpose visual tool for solving thermodynamic problems and performing 'what-if' scenarios.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor