Submit a site
Crime and Criminology
Occasional and Working Papers
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A New Book on the Brazilian Amazon Rainforest!
- A new book that examines the impact of global ecopolitics on the deforestation and preservation of the Brazilian Amazon rainforest. It argues that democracy is a facilitator of preservation.
A Theory Of Civilisation.
- This theory supplies an explanation of civilization that repairs the omission of all previous works on the subject by defining Civilization; giving the subject a simplicity and clarity which is enhanced by using contemporary rather than historical evidence.
- Gender Identity - Gender Variance - Gender Roles: Towards a balanced account of sex and gender differences
An Essay on Radical Labor Education
- By Michael Yates, a labor educator. This paper traces the history of radical labor education suggests that the time for renewal may be at hand.
Discovering America As It Is (Book)
- Argues that the U.S. extreme capitalist system represents an even greater threat than Soviet mock-communism to the well-being of the world. Written by former anti-Soviet dissident.
Economics and Sociology Occasional Papers
- Papers focused on the intersection of economics and sociology. Maintained by The Ohio State University.
How Can the Human Self Be Truly Described?
- Excerpt from Eli Siegel's major text "Self and World: An Explanation of Aesthetic Realism."
- Assorted papers by Becker (Sociology, UC Santa Barbara, USA). HTML.
Inclusion through Participation, a TSER research project
- This site contains information on the TSER research project Inclusion through Participation: project design, research results and policy recommendations.
Learning and Working: Changing Patterns of School-Work Transition in Canada
- Co-directed by Professors Harvey Krahn and Graham S. Lowe, Department of Sociology, University of Alberta. Examines school-to-work transitions of high school students from a life course perspective.
- Abstracts (English and Spanish) of recent publications
Marriage as a Concept
- A study on the purpose of marriage in society, and the reasons for its immortality throughout the ages.
Model of Information Processing Groups
- Individuals and their group building are described by using thermodynamic systematic. The site details a book available to buy about this topic.
Modelling the Adoption of AEMs as an Innovation Diffusion Process
- Reviews the literature on the diffusion of innovations and applies it to the task of modelling the AEM adoption decision of farmers. By Edmund Chattoe (research fellow) and Nigel Gilbert (professor), Department of Sociology, University of Surrey (UK).
Myths about Poverty in Aotearoa New Zealand
Narratives of Liver Transplantation
- 1999 Master's Thesis in Sociology at the University of Toledo. Liver Transplant recipients told their stories. The stories were then analyzed with respect to the Quality of Life Concept.
National Power on the Local Stage: How Cable Captured Congress and Cornered Cities
- Examines the interaction of national power and local authority in dealings concerning the licensing of cable television over time. By James Cook and Kristie Taylor, Ph.D. candidates, University of Arizona.
Planet Earth: The Lost Inheritance
- A personal account of unemployment, and an exploration as to its causes and solutions.
Progressive Sociologists Network (PSN)
- Working and published papers from authors affiliated with the Network. Mostly HTML.
- the author has created a new social theory: the Grand Theory.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor