Industrial and Organizational
Human Factors and Ergonomics
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Accident Analysis and Prevention Journal
- Provides coverage of the general areas relating to accidental injury and damage, including the pre-injury and immediate post-injury phases. Elsevier Science Journal description, ordering information and free sample copy.
Applied Ergonomics Journal
- Aimed at ergonomists and those interested in applying ergonomics/human factors in the design, planning and management of technical and social systems. Elsevier Science Journal description and ordering information and free sample copy.
Bad Human Factors Designs
- Illustrated examples of things that are hard to use because they do not follow human factors principles.
Do It By Design: An Introduction to Human Factors in Medical Devices
- US FDA Publication: An Introduction to Human Factors in Medical Devices. By Dick Sawyer, Office of Health and Industry Programs.
- Updated ergonomics news, articles and resource information as well as consulting service and product offerings. Site includes a large searchable bioliography, an on-line buyers guide for ergonomics products and services and a large collection of case studies.
Ergonomics Information Analysis Center- University of Birmingham
- A comprehensive information service in the field of ergonomics and human factors based. Provides directories, customized searches and over 170,000 abstracts.
Ergonomics and the Alexander Technique
- An interview with ergonomist Joyce Stenstrom about how Ergonomics relates to the Alexander Technique as a field of study and as a profession.
Ergonomics in Design Magazine
- Ergonomics in Design is intended to serve the needs of practicing human factors engineers and ergonomists who are concerned with the usability of products, systems, and environments. It provides up-to-date demonstrations of the importance of ergonomics principles in design and implementation. Ordering information and contents listing.
Ergonomist Guide - rmLibrary
- Ergonomics & human factors professionals resources regarding workplace hazards, medical management, laws & standards, tools, training and more. (Subscription required to access full text of documents).
Examples of Human Factors/Ergonomics in Design
- An illustrated collection of Human Factors/Ergonomics in design. Examples include room numbers, nuclear power plant control rooms, aircraft warnings, sidewalks, aircraft instruments.
FAA Research Development & Human Factors Laboratory (RDHFL)
- The Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Research Development & Human Factors Laboratory (RDHFL), located at the William J. Hughes Technical Center in Atlantic City, New Jersey, is a state-of-the-art research facility designed specifically to support research in aviation human factors. Site includes information on facilities and equipment and virtual reality research.
Human Factors Journal
- Human Factors is a peer-reviewed journal presenting original papers of scientific merit that contribute to the understanding and advancement of the systematic consideration of people in relation to machines, systems, and environments. Ordering information and recent contents.
Human Factors in Aviation Maintenance and Inspection
- From the Federal Aviation Administration Office of Aviation Medicine. Site includes documents, research and development, training, job aids, and conference information.
Medical Device Use--Safety: Incorporating Human Factors Engineering into Risk Management
- US FDA guidance document for industry and FDA premarket and design control reviewers. Medical Device Use-Safety: Incorporating Human Factors Engineering into Risk Management.
NASA: Human Factors Research and Technology Division
- NASA's Human Factors Research and Technology Division supports human-centered design in complex aerospace information systems using experiments and models of human capabilities and human-machine interaction to enhance system safety, reliability and performance. Site includes current projects, reports, history and organization.
Passivity in the Workplace
- Passive thinking finds no safe place in the workplace, especially among professional decision makers.
Reducing Use Error : FDA
- US Food and Drug Admistration homepage for reducing use error. Site includes design and labeling of medical devices, checklists, guidance documents, standards and reporting.
To Err Is Human: (2000), Nat'l Academy Press
- On-line access to Institute of Medicine publication "To Err is Human, Building a Safety Health System."
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor