Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
ACLP Data Set
- This is the data set compiled by Adam Przeworski, Michael Alverez et al. and used in their book "Democracy and Development".
American Association for Public Opinion Research
Conflict Processes Section
- This is the home page of the Conflict Processes Section of the American Political Science Association. The site serves several purposes--listed below--but the primary purpose is to support research on conflict processes within and between states.
Correlate's of War Project
- The Correlates of War (COW) Project is an ongoing effort to study and explore the conditions associated with the outbreak of war, as well as with the conditions surrounding militarized disputes. Begun in 1963 at the University of Michigan, the COW Project has produced over one hundred and fifty journal articles and book chapters as well as more than a dozen books.
- A periodic journal published by the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) on topics related to the field of international development.
Diplomacy and International Affairs Hypertext Information System
- International legal and political documents, documents about Mediterranean, environment, research papers and other material. Over 2,000 full text documents from a relational database with hypertext features, which is automatically published on the Web.
- EUGene serves as a data management tool for creating data sets for use in the quantitative analysis of international relations; with the country-year, directed-dyad-year, and directed-dispute-dyad-year as the unit of analysis.
European Decision Makers Survey
- The Eurobarometer has been engaged in the field of public opinion measurement for over twenty years, surveying both the general public and special target groups as needed by the different services of the Commission.
European Documentation Centre (EDC)
- The European Documentation Centre (EDC) at the University of Mannheim is part of an extensive information network, which was created on a global level by the European Communities in the early sixties. There is a total of 656 documentation centres existing, including fifty-three EDC in Germany. They provide all kinds of information on the European Union.
European Public Opinion
- Social Science data archives and eurobarometers
- GESIS is an infrastructural association which supplies fundamental social science services on a national and international level, both in terms of theory and practice. GESIS consists of the institutes IZ, ZA, ZUMA, and keeps a branch office in Berlin. It is an institution of "Wissenschaftsgemeinschaft Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz" (WGL). GESIS maintains multiple national as well as international co-operations.
ICPSR Web Site
- Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research.
International Relations Data Page
- Site lists international and domestic resources for data sets. Data subjects range from confliict and cooperation to environmental topics.
- Jane's IntelWeb helps you monitor developments in terrorist and intelligence activity worldwide.
Lijphart Election Archive
- The Lijphart Elections Archive, housed at the University of California, San Diego campus, is a research collection of district level election results for approximately 350 national legislative elections in 26 countries. The objective of the Archive is to systematically collect election statistics in as much detail as possible, including, as a minimum, the results at the level of the individual election districts in which votes are converted into seats.
Militarized Interstate Disputes
- This data set is version 1.1 of Katherine Barbieri's national and dyadic trade data, which covers the period 1870-1992.
Minorities at Risk Project
- Minorities at Risk is an independent, university-based research project that monitors and analyzes the status and conflicts of politically-active communal groups in the larger countries of the world. The project is designed to provide information in standardized form that will contribute to the understanding and peaceful accommodation of conflicts involving communal groups. Selected project materials on 268 groups are available through this WWW site for the information of researchers, students, public officials, journalists, activists, and other interested individuals.
Online Intelligence Project
- Extensive collection of information and internet links regarding intelligence affairs around the world.
Penn World Tables 5.6
- Computing in the Humanities and Social Sciences (CHASS), University of Toronto. Economic Resources.
Political Handbook of the World Home Page
- Political Handbook of the World is an annual reference book containing separate sections on every country in the world and more than 100 intergovernmental organizations, such as NATO, OPEC, and UN affiliates. Each edition completely updates political developments over the past year while retaining the extensive background information necessary for researchers to place current events in a comprehensive historical perspective.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor