Language and Linguistics
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- An institute with the purpose of "helping smart people become smarter."
- A database detailing psycholinguistics, and bilingualism, journal and book references for researchers.
Brain and Language Journal
- A scholarly journal dealing with many aspects of the mind and language. Related topics include neurology, psychiatry, and even computer science.
But What Have You Done for Us Lately?
- Article by C. D. Green and J. Vervaeke, subtitled `Some Recent Perspectives on Linguistic Nativism'.
Can Chimps Talk?
- Introductory essay by Robert Beard discussing animal language studies and their implications for nativism, the doctrine that humans possess a specialised faculty for language acquisition.
Chih-Hao Tsai's Research Page
- Chih-Hao Tsai's research works on cognitive science, mostly pertinent to language processing, with specific emphasis on Chinese language processing.
- The Application of Genetic Algorithms Towards the Creation of a Functional English Vocabulary.
Handedness and Brain Lateralization
- Brain lateralization and functional specializations.
Hopi and Turkish "babyfood"?
- Supplies the answer with an essay detailing why it is the most-universally-understood word on Earth.
- Society engaged in efforts to communicate with higher level, nonhumans such as whales and dolphins.
Language Acquisition- Mama Teached Me Talk
- How we learn language.
Language and Brain
- Introduction to neurolinguistics by Stephen Crain, discussing nativism and modularity.
Lingua ex Machina: Reconciling Darwin and Chomsky with the human brain
- William Calvin and Derek Bickerton offer three ways for getting from ape behaviors to syntax. They focus on the transition from simple word association in short sentences (protolanguage) to longer recursively structured sentences (requiring syntax).
Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Nijmegen
- Research homepage describing the institute's activities.
- Generating and delivering stories that change people and some words about NLP
- Introduction to neurolinguistics by Lise Menn, talking about the location of language function in the brain and what aphasia and dyslexia tell us about brain function.
Prolegomena to a Theory of Communicative Competence
- Online text of the 1969 book by Leon James, which is concerned with the implications for psychology of Chomsky's distinction between competence and performance.
- Page maintained by Yehouda Harpaz which argues that the study of psycholinguistics is riddled with question-begging argumentation.
- Introductory resources to supplement a course taught at the University of Texas at Austin.
SUNY at Buffalo: Psycholinguistics Laboratory
- Describes the research, personnel, publications and facilities of the Psycholinguistics Laboratory at the University at Buffalo.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor