Language and Linguistics
Submit a site
Names of God
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
American Name Society
- Promote onomastics, the study of names and naming practices, both in the United States and abroad. Seeks to find out what really is in a name, and to investigate cultural insights, settlement history, and linguistic characteristics revealed in names. Site includes membership and publication information.
Anglo-Saxon Studies Bibliography - Onomastics
- Onomastics section containing bibliographies and references sources on both Anglo-Saxon place and personal names.
- An academic journal. Among the subjects it covers, onomastic studies.
Behind the Name
- The etymology and history of first names.
Canadian Society for the Study of Names
- Promote the study of all aspects of names and naming in Canada and elsewhere, as well as the exchange of ideas among onomatologists, toponymists and scholars in the related fields of literary. Site includes program, membership, and publication information. onomastics and linguistic aspects of names.
International Council of Onomastic Sciences (ICOS)
- International organization of all scholars who have a special interest in the study of names. The aim of the Council is the advancement, representation and co-ordination of name research on an international level and in an interdisciplinary context.
Lexicon of Greek Personal Names
- This project is part of Oxford University, under the aegis of the Board of Literae Humaniores. The purpose is to collect and publish with documentation all known ancient Greek personal names (including non-Greek names recorded in Greek, and Greek names in Latin).
Lurline H. Cultharp Collection of Onomastics - A Bibliography
- Bibliography of books, articles and other onomastic resources at the University of Texas, El Paso.
- Geographic and onomastic Encyclopedia of the United States and reference information. Lists proper names as surnames and placenames.
Scott Childers: Onomastics Resources
- A personal page that is intended to be an annotated bibliography of sources for the study of names.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor