Language and Linguistics
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Comparative Indoeuropean Data Corpus
- Text files of lexicostatistical data for IE.
Indo-European Home Page
- Links to various projects involving the Indo-European language.
Indo-European Linguistic Studies
- Indo-European and Proto-Indo-European. Materials, articles and online glossaries and grammars of ancient and modern Indo-European languages.
Indo-European Linguistic Studies Archive
- Articles and research.
Linguistics: Historical Linguistics
- A light-hearted discussion of Indo-European.
Piotr Gasiorowski -Proto-Indo-European page
- An article on the PIE sound system, and a history of the language.
- A site dedicated to deducing the Indo-European roots of modern words. From the University of Texas at San Antonio.
The Early History of Indo-European Languages
- Scientific American, March 1990
The Ergativic Stage of Early Proto-Indoeuropean
- Web version of a doctoral thesis suggesting that Proto-Indoeuropean did not distinguish masculine/feminine, but rather animate/inanimate.
The Indo-European Database
- Devoted to linguistic, historical and cultural studies of Europe and Asia.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor