Language and Linguistics
Old Tongues Revived
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
American Sanskrit Institute
- Warwick, New York: teaches Sanskrit using programs based in the theory and practice of yoga.
- Has the Sanskrit Devanagari text of the original, with an English prose translation (pdf format).
- Sanskrit hymns, good sayings, quotes, riddles, stories, and classes.
Sanskrit Documents List
- A collection of Sanskrit documents, available in Devanagari display or transliteration, and various tools to learn Sanskrit (online dictionary, tutorials, Devanagari processing software and more). Volunteer assistance is welcomed in encoding, proofreading, and presentation, to help make Sanskrit learning easier.
Sanskrit Internet Aided Lessons
- Requires fonts, which can be downloaded from the site.
- Excerpts from sanskrit literature in Devnagari / Devanagari script from Ramayana, Mahabharata, Upanishads, Rigveda and some good subhashitas.
- Introductory lessons on the Sanskrit language. Uses images to display pages of text in mixed Devanagari and Latin script, with transliterations.
Sanskrit site by Atul Narkhede
- Includes lots of stuff for those wishing to use the language actively: texts, glossaries, a collection of colloquial phrases, bibliography, links, and more.
Speak Sanskrit Movement (Samskrita Bharati)
- An effort to promote Sanskrit as the national language of India, through language training materials, immersion classes, and encouraging the use of the language in daily life.
The Sanskrit Web Site
- Sanskrit, Yoga and Indian philosophies.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor