Language and Linguistics
Submit a site
Fonts and Software
Texts in English Translation
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Ancient Greek Language
- A brief discussion on the different periods and dialects of the language.
Ancient and Modern Greek Resources
- Online resource links and details of CDs, books and cassettes for learning Greek from the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America.
Bibliography of Ancient Greek Linguistics
- Focuses on publications of interest to those working from a functional perspective.
- Everyday ancient Greek phrases and a brief guide to pronunciation.
Cornell Greek Epigraphy Project
- Contains lists of the ancient Greek numerals and other symbols.
Differences Between Classical and Hellenistic Greek
- A short introduction by J C Treat, University of Pennsylvania
Encyclopædia Britannica on Ancient Greek
- A two page article on the history, dialect and lingustic characteristics of the language.
Greek Language and Linguistics Gateway
- Links to resources, in print and on the Web, for classical and Biblical (koine) Greek linguistics.
How the Greek language fertilised the European languages
- A personal overview of Greek etymology. Greek font problems.
Oxford University Classics Faculty Resources
- Links to several remote resources as well as local pages on Greek personal names, the Oxyrhynchus papyri project and UK mirror for Perseus project.
- Extensive website for classical Greek: texts, dictionaries, online grammar. Greek words are hyperlinked for instant lookup (meaning and morphology). Possible download problems.
Prehistoric Use of the Greek Alphabet
- Controversial one page article by Pan.Kouvalakis from Davlos magazine dates the origin of the Greek alphabet to 6000BC.
Quick Course in Greek
- Online lessons for beginners in both HTML and PDF, and details of useful books.
Thesaurus Linguae Graecae
- Selling CD-ROMs containing digitised versions of all extant Greek texts from Homer to 600 AD
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor