Language and Linguistics
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Articles on Computer Assisted Language Learning
- A large collection of full-text articles on CALL and the Internet by S. Kathleen Kitao and Kenji Kitao.
- An extensive list of print CALL resources.
CALL Glue: Scripting Languages for Computer Aided Language Learning Systems
- Text processing using the computer programming languages Perl, Tcl/Tk, and Python, Perl scripts for extracting sentences out of HTML web pages.
CALL Help Page
- Lists dozens of links to sites that provide software appropriate for English language learners; includes both shareware sites and commercial demos.
CALL for Japanese Writing
- Development of computer assisted language learning system for Japanese writing using natural language processing techniques.
CALL: Computer-Assisted Language Learning
- Information about specialized topics within the broad category of computer-assisted language learning, as well as CALL links for every language taught at the UW-Madison.
Computer Assisted Language Learning @Chorus
- CALL job announcements, product reviews and demonstration CALL activities.
Computer-Assisted Language Learning
- A short bibliography of ERIC documents related to CALL, from the Center for Applied Linguistics.
Computer-Assisted Language Learning: Current Programs and Projects
- ERIC Digest. An overview of CALL technology.
Computers and Language Learning: An Overview
- 1998 paper by Mark Warschauer and Deborah Healey discusses current teaching practices and research related to the uses of computers in the language classroom.
ESL Cafe's Discussion Center: Computer Assisted Language Learning
- A messageboard for those interested or involved in CALL.
Internet Technologies for Authentic Language Learning Experiences
- This ERIC Digest highlights a number of Internet applications that can be used to enrich the foreign language classroom.
Internet-based Language Learning
- A list of language learning projects which incorporate the internet.
More Than Just the Internet: Technology for Language Teaching
- This ERIC digest highlights non-Internet technology for teaching and learning foreign languages.
- On-line discussion of issues related to using technology as a language education tool. List archives and links.
Task-Based Activities: Making the Language Laboratory Interactive
- Supporting communicative approaches to language instruction through interactive activities.
Technology and Second Language Learning
- ERIC Digest. Types and uses of educational technology in the language classroom.
The CALL Cookbook
- Recipes for working, web-based language learning activities. Rice University.
The Virtual CALL Library
- Links to language learning shareware and freeware.
Using Computers with Adult ESL Literacy Learners.
- An overview of various types of computer software and instructional strategies used effectively with ESL adult literacy learners.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor