Consumption and Wealth
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Brief Look at Postwar U.S. Income Inequality
- Census Bureau 1996 paper pointing out the sharp decline in the percentage of income of the bottom 80% of American since the late 1960's, taking the whole thirty years as a block.
A Widening Income Gap? Hardly
- Mitchell B. Pearlstein, president of the Center of the American Experiment, gives statistics and facts about "the gap between rich and poor".
Addressing the Extremes of Wealth and Poverty
- Outlines a proposals to reduce the disparity in wealth between poor and wealthy nations and individuals, through taxation and redistribution.
Campaign to fight poverty and build economic security in CT
- A coalition of government, community and issue-oriented groups worried about poverty/income insecurity among Connecticut's majority working housholds.
- Position paper that such policies lead to social and economic inequality. By Ramin Farahmandpur.
China: A Shared Poverty To Uneven Wealth?
- A George Washington University analysis of how economic reforms (away from socialism) have caused a widening income gap in China, and yet raised the standards of living of the Chinese people.
Closing the Wealth Gap
- A speech by P. J. O'Rourke, nationally syndicated columnist and award-winning author, on income disparity.
Earnings Differences Between Women and Men
- Analysis of the difference in earnings by working women and men in the United States from 1951 through 1999, from Facts on Working on Working Women, U.S. Department of Labor.
Growing Income Disparity and the Middle Class Squeeze
- Catholic Social Justice takes a stand against income disparity, which it says is growing fast in the US. Includes statistics.
IGC articles on income inequality
- A collection of online articles from various organisations concerning income inequality in the US and abroad, claiming there is a growing gap, that this is bad, and that it should be "fixed" by government force.
Income Disparity: The Gap Between the Rich and the Poor
- The final word on the income gap. How much of a problem is wealth versus poverty?
Inequality of Wealth and Incomes
- One of the first major articles on income disparity, by von Mises.
- Review of position paper: Metro-politanism can reduce Social and Economic Polarization.
Poverty, Inequality and Development: Research at Cornell University
- Portal to research on poverty, inequality and development at Cornell University.
The Causes of Income Inequality
- Addresses the causes of the income gap, and some proposed solutions.
The Conquest of Poverty
- Drawing lessons from history and economics, Hazlitt shows how the Western world has nearly eradicated poverty. But "those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
The Income Gap
- National Public Radio's John Ydstie investigates the growing disparity in real income between Americans in this special series from Morning Edition
- Graphically describes and criticizes income distribution in the United States.
The New Inequality (from Boston Review)
- MIT's prestigious Boston Review discusses the rise of income inequality in the United States with a variety of economists and proposes some remedies, all along socialist lines.
The Truth about Income Inequality
- Dramatic stories portraying a widening inequality of income and a disappearing middle class in America have permeated the media in recent years. This article presents some statistics and arguments on that subject.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor