Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Association for the Study of Demography of Aging
- Interested in all aspects of population aging.
CIESIN Dataset Guide
- Georeferenced Population Data Sets for various countries
Centers on the Demography of Aging
- The National Institute on Aging (NIA) has established centers on the Demography of Aging to provide innovative and policy-relevant research on health, social factors, economics, and other issues that affect the U.S. older population.
- Principal cities and agglomerations of the world and of many countries (tables and maps).
Committee on Population -- National Academy of Sciences (NAS)
- Applies population sciences methods to major issues of science and public policy. Work includes studies of fertility, health and mortality, and migration; and applied studies aimed at improving public health and welfare programs in the U.S. and developing countries.
- The Development Education Prog offers teaching and learning materials on social, economic, and environmental issues of sustainable development.
DemoGraphics '96 - Global Population Education
- Population trends between 1950 and 2050 for all countries worldwide - in animated charts and maps.
- Resources and links on demographics, fertility, migration, and related topics, assembled by Center for the National Institute for the Environment.
Demography and Population Studies WWW Virtual Library
- Organized collection of Internet links.
Integrated Population, Land Use, and Emissions Data Project (CIESIN)
- Linking georeferenced demographic and socioeconomic data with remote sensing data on land cover and use. Site offers access to several significant population-related and geographic databases.
International Institute for Population Sciences
- This website covers information about the Institute, Library, Faculty, Data Centre, Courses, Research, Meetings, and Publication. The Institute is effectively a private University of Population studies.
Internet Resources for Demographers
- Collection of demography links, organized by content.
Michigan Center on the Demography of Aging
- Research on demographic analysis of the aging of disadvantaged populations, and demographic/economic evaluation of the impact of public policies on retirement.
Migration and Development
- Provides a brief history of international migration, and discusses its causes, its costs and benefits, and other impacts on less developed countries.
National Statistics Offices
- Index to national statistics offices worldwide.
North West Adelaide Health Study
- The North West Adelaide Health Study is conducting a clinical assessment of the health of a random population sample
Patterns of Population of Countries and the World - A New Age / Bible Prophecy Discussion
- The Revelation 13 web site discusses "New Age Geography", including country populations and world population, the Biblical prophecy significance.
- Vital population statistics for countries presented in a sortable display.
- Searchable directory of population-related websites. Search by topic or keyword, by organization, or through a clickable world map. Topics include Demographic Statistics, Economics, Education, Environment, Gender, Policy and Reproductive Health.
Population Reference Bureau
- Educational materials, research reports, links to data and other resources on world population.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor