Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Agia Varvara-Almyras Research Project
- Study of ancient copper production on Cyprus. The project is a joint-venture between the Archaeometallurgical Project of Agia Varvara-Almyras in Cyprus, the Swiss National Foundation for Scientific Research and the Federal Laboratories for Materials Testing and Research. Site also available in German.
Archaeological Excavations in Cyprus
- Republic of Cyprus, Press and Information Office list of archaeological excavations being conducted in Cyprus.
Athienou Archaeological Project
- A multidisciplinary project focusing on the site of Athienou-Malloura and the surrounding valley in south-central Cyprus, used from the Archaic to the Ottoman periods.
- World heritage listing of the Choirokoitia archaeological site by UNESCO.
Danish Akamas Project
- Summary of the excavations conducted by the University of Aarhus into the rural areas of the Akamas peninsular.
Exacavations at Bellapais - Vounous
- Description of the Early Bronze/Middle Bronze cemetery of Bellepais-Vounous, on the north coast of Cyprus.
Excavations at Agia Napa - Makronisos
- Guide to the excavations at Agia Napa conducted by the Department of Antiquities and the preservation of rock cut tombs in the area.
Excavations at Kissonerga
- Edgar Peltenburg's report on excavations by the University of Edinburgh 1979- 1992, part of the Lemba Archaeological Project.
Excavations at Palaipaphos
- Project reconstructing the history of the city of Palaipaphos in Cyprus and of its famous Sanctuary of Aphrodite. Excavations first conducted in 1966 by the German Archaeological Institute.
Excavations at Politiko Phorades
- A Late Bronze Age Cypriot copper mining site, the excavation is part of the Sydney Cyprus Survey Project investigating ancient mining and landscape archaeology in Cyprus.
- Extensive listing of archaeological sites and excavations in Greece and Cyprus.
Khirokitia French Excavation Project
- Excavation of the Khirokitia settlement by the French Archaeological Department, investigating the Neolithic period and its impact on the development of civilization. Site also available in French.
Lemba Archaeological Project Cyprus
- Extensive survey work and excavations carried out in several areas of the Paphos District by the University of Edinburgh.
Life in Cyprus: Archaeology
- Tourist guide and map to archaeological sites in Cyprus.
Marki Aloni Project
- Excavations by LaTrobe University of a prehistoric Bronze Age town in Cyprus.
Mitsero Early Agricultural Remnants
- Fieldwork project to study threshing floors and the pre-mechanised agricultural landscape in Cyprus.
Nea Paphos Hellenistic Theater Excavation
- The University of Sydney describes its excavations at the site of the ancient theater at Paphos in western Cyprus. Archaeological reports, architecture, finds, team.
- World heritage listing of the Paphos archaeological site by UNESCO.
- Excavations conducted by Columbia University focus on two localities in the town, Vounari and Melissa. The sites are of the late Middle through Late Bronze Ages.
Pyrame Research Project
- Multidisciplinary research project. Its aim is to study the most ancient metallurgy in Cyprus, connecting data from archaeological excavations and surveys, archaeometric and archaeometallurgical analyses and bibliographical information.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor