Submit a site
Petrie, William Matthew Flinders
Pitt -Rivers, General Augustus Henry Lane-Fox
Evans, Sir Arthur
Wheeler, Sir Mortimer
Leakey, Louis and Mary
Woolley, Sir Charles Leonard
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Addyman, Peter (1939- )
- Interview in British Archaeology September 1995 with the Director of the successful York Archaeological Trust and retiring President of the CBA.
Aubrey, John (1626-1697)
- Portrait and biography of the antiquary who recognised Avebury as a prehistoric site and surveyed Stonehenge. Part of Chris Witcombe's Earth Mysteries.
- The Department of Archaeology at the University of Wales, Lampeter, provides a photograph and outline of the research interests of its Professor, who specialises in medieval landscapes, villages and castles.
- Photograph, research interests and publication list of the Professor of Palaeoecology at Queen's University Belfast, author of Exodus to Arthur: catastrophic encounters with comets.
Bibby, Geoffrey (1917-2001)
- Obituary from The Times on the pioneer of Arabian archaeology, who discovered the capital of ancient Dilmun. He also wrote inspiring books for beginners and pioneered the Viking fair.
Bradley, Richard (1946- )
- Interview in British Archaeology December 1996 with the Professor of Archaeology at Reading and noted British prehistorian.
- Sheffield University provides a photograph, brief biography and research interests of its Professor of Archaeology, specialist in the prehistory of the Aegean and Roman Britain.
- The University of Edinburgh Bulletin May 1996 announces the appointment as Honorary Professor of David Breeze, Chief Inspector of Ancient Monuments, Historic Scotland. Photograph and profile.
- A photograph and interview with the Professor in Forensic Archaeology at Bournemouth University, who appears regularly on Channel 4's Time Team, from the Time Team Club.
- Photograph and brief CV, research interests and publication list of the Reader in Medieval Archaeology at the University of Nottingham and former President of the CBA (1995-8).
- Photograph and chatty profile of Professor Andrew Fleming, Head of the Department of Archaeology, University of Wales, Lampeter. Illustrated outlines of his projects at Swaledale and St Kilda.
Forster, Robert Henry (1867-1923)
- The life and work of an Edwardian archaeologist. Forster worked with Leonard Woolley and Henry Knowles on the Corstopitum excavations at Corbridge in Northumberland.
- Photograph, academic profile and publication list of this professor who helped found the Centre for the Archaeology of Human Origins at Southampton University.
- The Institute of Archaeology, London, provides a photograph, research interests, and recent publications of its Professor of Medieval Archaeology, noted for his work on the Vikings.
Grinsell, Leslie (1907-95)
- Obituary from British Archaeology May 1995 of the man who examined and recorded some 10,000 barrows. Keeper of Archaeology Bristol City Museum 1952-72.
- Durham University supplies the research interests and publication list of its Professor of Archaeology, specialist in the Iron Age of western Europe.
Hawkes, Jacquetta (1910-1996)
- Obituary in British Archaeology May 1996 of a leading populariser of archaeology, author of the Atlas of Ancient Archaeology and the Shell Guide to British Archaeology.
Hope-Taylor, Brian (1923-2001)
- Obituary by James Graham-Campbell in the Independent of the archaeologist famed for his excavation of Yeavering, site of the earliest known Anglo-Saxon royal residence.
- Photograph, profile, research interests and publications of the Lecturer in Archaeology at the University of Leicester best known for his book The Atlantic Celts: Ancient people or modern invention?
Jope, Martyn (1915-1996)
- Obituary in British Archaeology February 1997 of the founder and head of the archaeology department, Queen's University, Belfast.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor