Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Ancient Polonnaruwa and its environs
- An article by Prof. W. I. Siriweera, Vice Chancellor, Rajarata University describing the current understanding of Polonnaruwa a city on the Mahaveli River in Sri Lanka.
Discoveries of Godawaya archaeological excavations with German collaboration
- An article by Gamini G. Punchihewa describing a first or second century insription which records a King Gamini Abhaya's (Gamani Abhaya) donation of customs duties of the port city Godawaya to the vihara of the site.
Gillian Juleff- University of Exeter
- Short biography and contact information for Dr Gillian Juleff of the University of Exeter, UK.
Here they lived and died
- An article by Tharuka Dissanaike describing the implications of the 1997 discovery of 6000BP human remains at Pallemalala.
Pallemalala discovery throws new light on Lanka's pre-historic culture
- An article by Asiff Hussein describing the 1997 discovery in a shell midden of skeletal remains and implements of stone age man in Pallemalala in the Hambantota district. The 6000BP discovery was made by Raj Somadeva and a 10 member team.
Pre and Proto-historic Settlement in Sri Lanka
- A paper by S.U. Deraniyagala, Director-General of Archaeology, Sri Lanka presented at the Proceedings of the XIII Congress Forli'-Italia, 8-14 September, 1996 descussing the cultures, timing, and paleo climates from the first human influances to the Historic Period in Sri Lanka.
Prehistory of Sri Lanka
- An discription of The Prehistory of Sri Lanka: an Ecological Perspective, memoir volume 8 of the Archaeological Survey of Sri Lanka by S.U. Deraniyagala including an abstract, addenda, notes, and references.
Samanalawewa Archaeological Project, Sri Lanka
- Headed by Dr Gill Juleff of the University of Exeter the Samanalawewa Archaeological Project, Sri Lanka focusing on evidence for a first millennium AD iron smelting industry, a new, aerodynamic, principle of smelting technology.
Siran U. Deraniyagala
- Bibliography, publications, and current research of the Director-General of the Archaeological Department Sri Lanka.
Sri Lankan-Dutch Archaeological Co-operation
- A short article by A. van Schaik of the University of Leiden describing current cooperation and calling for further cooperation concerning VOC (Dutch East India Company) Period researches.
Sri Lankan-German Ancient Ruhuna Project
- A short description of the Sri Lankan-German Ancient Ruhuna Project. Began in 1994, the project is a cooperative archaeological research effort in the Southern Proverance by Archaeological Department of Sri Lanka, the Commission for General and Comparative Archaeology of the German Archaeological Institute, and the University of Bonn.
The Archaeology of Southern Sri Lanka
- The Archaeology of Southern Sri Lanka is a project supported by SAREC and the University of Uppsala. The primary purpose of which is to carry out archaeological rfesearch in the non-Sinhalese areas of Sri Lanka.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor