Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Ancient Gold Treasure Found
- Indian archaeologists say gold jewellery belonging to the Indus Valley civilisation has been found in the state of Uttar Pradesh. BBC News.
Archaeologist Questions Ram Janambhoomi Being in Ayodhya
- Rediff on the Net reports that archaeologist M.V.N. Krishna Rao has found that Indus Valley seals point to Banawali as the birth place of Lord Ram.
Buddhist Archaeological Sites
- A survey of Buddhist archaeological sites with links to photographs of surviving stupas and museum sculpture collections.
Concern over Deterioration of Monuments: Moenjodaro
- Report from Dawn that Unesco experts have expressed great concern over the rapid deteriorating condition of monuments of over 5,000-years-old ruins of Moenjodaro.
- A short bibliography of Gondaharan art and archaeology.
- An article by Dr. S. Kalyanaraman discussing the geology of the dry Sarasvati River and its import to South Asian archaeology.
Man and Man-Lion: the Philidephia Narasimha
- Article by Dr. Michael W. Meister discussing a red sandstone attached sculpture of Narasimha (Vishnu as the Man-Lion or Killer of Demons).
Marine Archaeology Centre
- Part of the National Institute of Oceanography at Goa in India. Includes information on ancient ports and shipwrecks in Indian waters.
Peopling of India
- An article discussing research into mDNA base sequences, combined with archaeological and linguistic data as applied to the question of the peopling of India.
The Ancient India and Iran Trust
- A non profit organization which provides a meeting place for scholars and members of the public with interests in the cultures of the ancient Indian and Iranian worlds.
The Indian Archaeological Society, New Delhi
- Aims to disseminate archaeological knowledge from India and surrounding countries and assist in the preservation of cultural heritage. Aims, funds, annual conference, research and publications. [Flash opening page.]
Treasures of a Lost Civilization
- Illustrated article by Fred Stern on The Asia Society's exhibition of remarkable objects from the Indus Valley culture (2600-1900 BCE). From Artnet.com.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor