Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Ancient Voices Speak Again in Carthage
- Article about archaeology at 2,000 year old Carthaginian cemetery from Research Reporter at the University of Georgia.
Archaeology in Northeastern Nigeria
- Study from the University of Frankfurt which examines what archaeological discoveries in northeastern Nigeria have revealed about the history and culture of the area.
Byzantine Church at Carthage
- Plan, report and database by Richard Miles et al of The Open University on the excavation of a Byzantine basilica and baptistery in Carthage-Dermech 1997-2000. Parts are available to download.
Ghana Ethnoarchaeological Project
- Nick Gabrilopoulos of the University of Calgary outlines his fieldwork among the Tallensi of the Tongo Hills-Bolgatanga area in the Upper East Region of Ghana in 1994.
Henry Solomon Wellcome and the Sudan
- Portrait and illustrated biography of Henry Wellcome (1853-1936) focussing on his archeological excavations in the central Sudan, by Ahmed A.A. Adeel, with references.
Lepcis Magna - The Roman Empire in Africa
- A Roman city on the North African coast has been excavated by archaeologists since the 1920s. A UNESCO World Heritage site.
Old Bulawayo Project
- Old Bulawayo, capital from 1870 to 1881 of the Ndebele king Lobengula, is a monument of national importance and international significance. The aim of the current project is unlock the potential of Old Bulawayo as a cultural monument, educational resource and tourist attraction.
Resources for African Archaeology
- ArchNet's section on Africa: directory of web-links.
Society of Africanist Archaeologists
- An organization of archaeologists, researchers from associated disciplines and others who share an interest in African archaeology and African societies. Activities, publications, committee.
Stone Circles of The Gambia
- Brief overview of the standing stones of the Gambia River from Momodo Camara.
The Asantemanso Archaeology Project
- Professor Peter Shinnie of the University of Calgary outlines a study of an Asante hamlet inhabited since AD 880.
The Leptiminus Archaeological Project
- An illustrated report on the excavations of Leptiminus, an ancient Roman port city in Tunisia, by Dr. John H. Humphrey, University of Michigan, et al.
The Research Unit for the Archaeology of Cape Town
- At the University of Cape Town. Aims, members, programs, publications, news and link to Historical Archaeology in Cape Town.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor