Periods and Cultures
Submit a site
Sites and Monuments
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Association for Roman Archaeology
- A charity offering a bi-annual bulletin, free entry to Roman monuments and museums, excursions with professional archaeologists, annual dinner and lecture.
Association for the Study and Preservation of Roman Mosaics
- The design, construction and building sites for Roman mosaics in Britain. Articles on the relationship between mosaics and art, architecture, religion and history.
Codrington's Roman Roads in Britain
- Full text of Thomas Codrington's classic early 20C work provided online by Bill Thayer. Searchable. Italian, Spanish and French language versions available.
From Trackway to Road
- Illustrated paper by Mike Bishop for the Roman Archaeology Conference 1995 on the relationship between Roman forts and roads in Yorkshire, with references. Hosted by Oculus. Geocities banners.
- Online atlas of Roman pottery, listing the wares by class or source, from Paul Tyers, author of Roman Pottery in Britain.
Roman Baths in Britain
- Online version of the Shire Book by Tony Rook looking at how Roman baths came to be built, how they were constructed, how they were used, and how they worked. Includes a gazetteer of sites.
Roman Inscriptions of Britain
- Roman expert Guy de la Bédoyère has made available on-line the texts from the standard work 'Roman Inscriptions of Britain', vol.1.
Romans in Sussex
- Sussex Archaeological Society provides an educational resource for teachers and students with sections for different age groups: 7-11, 12-16 and adult.
Society for the Promotion of Roman Studies
- Studies Rome and Roman Empire and has members from 30 countries. Publishes the annual 'Journal of Roman Studies' and 'Britannia' and two series of monographs (abstracts online). Activities, lectures, grants.
Study Group for Roman Pottery
- For the study of pottery of the Roman period in Britain. Annual conference, meetings. Publishes the Journal of Roman Pottery Studies - contents online. Newsletter, Roman pottery information.
The Romans in Britain
- A TV series from the BBC and the Open University, presented by the historian Guy de la Bédoyère. Synopses, scripts, timeline, details of locations, reading list.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor