Periods and Cultures
Submit a site
Sites and Monuments
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
In This Dark Cavern Thy Burying Place
- An article by Andrew Chamberlain from British Archaeology discussing Paleolithic mortuary practices in Great Britain.
Simon James's Ancient Celts Page
- The author of the controversial 'The Atlantic Celts' gives a summary of his views challenging the concept of Iron Age Britain as inhabited by Celts.
The Celtic Coin Index
- A project sponsored by Oxford University. Good background information, and promises that soon the entire 28,000 image index will be made public.
The Dover Bronze Age Boat
- The world's oldest known sea-going boat, found in 1992, is on display at Dover Museum. The story of its discovery, excavation, preservation, presentation and replication.
The Evolution of the Ostracised
- Paul Everill, a Museum of London archaeologist, provides part of his dissertation on Neanderthals on his personal home pages.
The Hebridean Iron Age - Twenty Years Research
- D.W.Harding reviews progress in Atlantic Scottish Iron Age studies over the past twenty years, particularly fieldwork in west Lewis by the University of Edinburgh, with revolutionary conclusions for dating.
Understanding the British Iron Age
- Draft report of members of the Iron Age Research Seminar on future research directions for British Iron Age archaeology.
World of the Celts
- David Freeman takes an archaeological and historical look at the British Celts. Illustrated text on weapons, round houses, clothing, art, artefacts. History, glossary and bibliography.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor