Periods and Cultures
Submit a site
Sites and Monuments
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Discovery Channel: Stone Ages
- Features highlights of prehistoric human life, with stone age interactives, games, galleries and news about human evolution.
- This website housed at the history dept. at Hanover College offers a series of links that direct the surfer to a variable range of sites that discuss neolithic, paleolithic and bronze age peoples across Europe.
Edge 3rd Culture
- A talk by Jared Diamond, Ph.D. from UCLA that addresses the question of why human history unfolded differently on different continents for the last 13,000 years.
Human Prehistory: An Exhibition
- This site offers an overview of human evolution and prehistory with a particular emphasis on early human developments in the Old World. The graphically enhanced tours open with a discussion of the origins of the study of "hominid evolution".
NM's Creative Impulse Prehistory
- A collection of links broken down by time period.
Prehistoric Man by History Link 101
- A directory of links for Prehistoric art, daily life, maps, pictures, and research.
- Portion of World History course, which provides an overview of both the Paleolithic and Neolithic periods as well as a section on different theoretical models used to conceptualize prehistory.
Prehistory Resources Guide
- An annotated collection of links for prehistory.
Prehistory and Disease
- A educational series created by the BBC that discusses the prehistoric origins of modern medicine.
- A portal offering prehistory news, research and conference information.
Reflections on Prehistory
- This site offers an overview of prehistory ranging from topics on early hominids to regional discussions of prehistory in the Near East and the American Southwest. The site is also accompanied by links to a full Spanish text version of the site.
Stone Age Habitats
- Overview of habitat and habitat alteration by early humans.
Stone Age Reference Collection
- A reference program containing information about the technology of the Stone Age.
The Prehistoric Society
- Concerned with prehistory world-wide, its membership is drawn from many countries. Newsletters online, lectures, events, grants, merchandise.
World Islands in Prehistory
- An international conference will be held September 13-18th 2001 in Mallorca, Balearic Islands, Spain, dealing with early insular ecology, environment and early human cultures.
World Prehistory Chronology
- A chronology of events shaping the evolution and activities of societies prior to the invention of writing. The site contains baseline dates for both New and Old World developments.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor