Science in Society
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
AAAS Directorate for Science and Policy Programs
- Programs devoted to activities in realms where science, government and society intersect, to further the work of scientists, promote of human welfare, and foster scientific freedom and responsibility.
Al Teich's Technology & the Future Toolkit
- A resource for students, teachers, and anyone else interested in how technology and society are shaping each other and our future.
American Geophysical Union: Science and Policy
- Upcoming legislation and government regulations that have implications for the geophysical sciences, and position statements on policy-related topics.
Board on Science, Technology and Economic Policy, National Academy of Sciences
- Integrates understanding of scientific, technological, and economic elements in the formulation of national policies affecting the economic well-being of the United States.
Centre for International Research on Communication Technologies
- Providing independent research and education on information and communication services.
Centre for Research Policy (Australia)
- Carrying out research into science and technology policy, research management, and research policy in Australia.
Conseil de la science et de la technologie
- Science, technology and innovation policy. Many publications available online. Advisory agency to the Québec government.
Corporate Policy for Science - The British Council
- Description of the British Council's policy in science, engineering and environment.
Ecological Society of America - Public Affairs
- Information and position statements on environmental policy and more.
FYI -- American Institute of Physics
- FYI summarizes science policy developments in Washington affecting the physics and astronomy community.
Federation of American Scientists
- Involved in a variety of projects, including monitoring arms sales and weapons development, cyberstrategy, intelligence reform, military analysis, nuclear weapons, space policy, and monitoring emerging diseases.
Institute for Science, Engineering and Public Policy
- An instutute in Portland Oregon, that attempts to develop the local dialogue on science, technology and society issues.
Irish Council for Science, Technology and Innovation
- Promoting enterprise, science and technology for economic and social development in Ireland.
Israel Academy of Sciences & Humanities
- Promoting scientific excellence, providing advice to the government on scientific issues of national importance, maintaining scientific relations with similar bodies worldwide, and publishing scholarly works.
Issues in Science & Technology
- A publication of the National Academy of Sciences, the National Academy of Engineering, and the Cecil and Ida Green Center for the Study of Science and Society at the University of Texas at Dallas.
National Science Board
- The National Science Board is the US science policy advisor to the President and the Congress. Their homepage contains many documents on the US science and technology policy.
Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Provides the President with policy advice in areas of fundamental science, education and scientific literacy, investment in applied research, and international cooperation.
Office of Technology Assessment (OTA) Legacy
- Topical reports on numerous subjects in science and technology (1974-1995).
Research Competitiveness Program
- An effort to assist U.S. states participating in the National Science Foundation's "Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research", from the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
Science and Technology Policies in India
- Focus is on policy reforms and intellectual property law reforms in India.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor