Science in Society
Submit a site
Guidelines and Codes
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
AAAS Scientific Freedom, Responsibility, and Law Program
- The section of the American Association for the Advancement of Science devoted to legal and ethical issues in science. Includes links to publications, conferences, and ongoing projects.
Biology Lesson Plans to Teach Research Ethics
- Intended for high school biology classes.
Centre for Computing and Social Responsibility, De Montfort University
- Addresses the social and ethical impacts of information and communication technologies through research and education.
- The Exploratorium's Ethical Scenarios Forum (ETHEX), created to promote online discussion of ethical, legal, and social implications of genetic research.
Ethics in Educational Research, a Review of the Literature
- Long annotated bibliography from the Australian Association for Research in Education.
Good vs. Bad Medical Science
- Information about what constitutes scientifically valid medical research and how to evaluate clinical studies.
IEEE Society on Social Implications of Technology Ethics Committee
- Includes the IEEE codes of conduct, resources, and committee information.
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory's ELSI Project
- Resources for middle and high school students on ethical, legal, and social issues in the sciences.
Murdough Center For Engineering Professionalism
- Encourages and promotes professional engineering ethics through symposia, workshops, and seminars.
NSPE Ethics Resources
- Includes codes of conduct, reference resources, case studies, and related articles from the National Society of Professional Engineers.
National Institute for Engineering Ethics
- Independent nonprofit which provides opportunities for ethics education and promotes the understanding and application of ethical processes in engineering.
Northeastern University Center for the Advancement of Science Education
- Established for science students who wish to investigate and respond to ethical concerns through a combination of reflection and more active research and problem solving.
Online Science Ethics Resources
- Indexes websites, centers and programs, individuals, and codes of conduct which relate to ethics in science. From Virginia Tech.
Professional Ethics for Scientists
- Syllabus and extensive references list for a course taught at Towson University by Dr. Linda Sweeting.
Resources for Teaching Research Ethics
- Links to online materials (mainly academic) regarding research ethics.
Scientific Misconduct: An Annotated Bibliography
- "Articles and books from the popular and scholarly literature that could be integrated into lectures or used as the bases for student reports." Last updated in 1996.
Scientists for Global Responsibility
- Promotes responsible use of science and technology in society, and explores the ethical dimensions of scientific research, global energy and resource issues, alternative technologies, etc.
Teaching Chemical Research Ethics
- Resource guide aimed at the university educator who wants to incorporate research ethics education into chemistry course(s). From the Duke University Chemistry Library.
Teaching Research Ethics
- The cornerstone of TRE is an intensive workshop in teaching research ethics for scientists who train graduate students. Sponsored by the Poynter Center at the University of Indiana.
The Online Ethics Center for Engineering and Science
- Provides "engineers, scientists and science and engineering students with resources useful for understanding and addressing ethically significant problems that arise in their work life."
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor