Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
ASDEX Upgrade Fusion Experiment
- Experimental tokamak facility at Max-Planck-Institut für Plasmaphysik, Germany.
Alcator C-Mod Tokamak Experiment
- Alcator C-Mod facility at MIT. Links provide a gateway into the web presence of the world's highest magnetic field tokamak plasma confinement experiment.
- Highly flexible, medium-sized tokamak that has been specifically designed to address the key physics issues associated with magnetic confinement fusion. It plays a major role in the co-ordinated European fusion programme and is funded by the DTI and EURATOM, with additional support from EPSRC and various schemes for student grants.
Dusty Plasma Experiments
- MPEG movies of experiments directly from the video cameras. Department of Physics and Astronomy, The University of Iowa.
Joint European Torus (JET)
- The world's largest magnetic confinement fusion experiment; it is based on the tokamak concept.
Large Helical Device(LHD) Project - Japan
- Major project to build a stallarator fusion reactor. Important parts of the project include research in superconducting magnets and plasma heating. Part of the site is in Japanese; but it also contains many photographs with English captions and videos of the plasma research.
- Mega Ampere Generator for Plasma Implosion Experiments in the Plasma Physics Group at Imperial College, London.
Magnetic Fusion Energy Experiments
- Page of the Plasma Physics Group at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
NSTX National Spherical Torus Experiment
- Spherical tokamak experiment at Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory, US.
National Ignition Facility Programs
Staged Z Pinch
- Description of a compact device projected to achieve break-even fusion using a pulsed electrical generator that drives current through an annular-plasma shell. Site includes schematics, technical specifications, and links to related publications.
- The Tokamak Fusion Test Reactor experiment that was a large US fusion experiment directed by the Princeton Plasma Physics Lab. Stopped operation and decomissioned by 2000.
The Low Energy Neutral Atom (LENA) Imager on the IMAGE spacecraft
- LENA, one of the IMAGE spacecraft's three neutral atom imagers, will image energetic neutral atom (ENA) emissions from the ring current, inner plasma sheet, and polar ionospheric outflows.
- A fusion research facility of the Academy of Sciences of The Czech Republic, Institute of Plasma Physics.
Toroidal Plasma Experiments
- Plasma Formation and Heating Using Radio-Frequency Waves, Confinement and Transport Studies, Magnetic Structure Studies, Turbulent Transport and Fluctuations. Plasma Research Lab, Australian National University.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor