Logic and Foundations
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Crash Course in the Mathematics of Infinite Sets
- A introductory guide for philosophers by Peter Suber, explaining the use of infinitary set theory.
A Home Page for the Axiom of Choice
- Introduction and links collection by Eric Schechter.
Beginnings of Set Theory
- MacTutor History of Mathematics article.
Bounded Set Theory
- A weak version of ordinary set theory using bounded quantification. Papers and software.
- Article in the Platonic Realms, describing Cantor's diagonal argument that proved that infinity comes in many different 'sizes'.
ElJC Venn Diagram Survey
- Collection of facts and figures about Venn diagrams, in particular relatign to their combinatorial properties.
Infinite Ink: The Continuum Hypothesis, by Nancy McGough
- History, mathematics, metamathematics, and philosophy of Cantor's Continuum Hypothesis
Issues in Commonsense Set Theory
- Paper by Müjdat Pakkan and Varol Akman
- Set theory introduced by W. V. O. Quine in 1937. This is a refinement of Russell's theory of types based on the observation that the types in Russell's theory look the same, as far as one can apparently prove.
Operational Set Theory
- By Luis E. Sanchis. Errata, reviews.
Programming with Sets
- Using set-theoretic primitives as a conceptual tool in programming, includes discussion of SETL and MIRANDA languages.
Set Theoretic Analysis
- Preprints, conferences, problems, reviews.
- A list of email addresses and affiliations.
- Directory of set theorists, maintained by Jean A. Larson.
Set Theory Page
- Collection of links related to set theory.
Set Theory People
- Directory of set theorists.
Set Theory for the Working Mathematician
- Krzysztof Ciesielski, CUP (1997). Contents and preface.
- A Dynamic Survey in the Electronic Journal of Combinatorics.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor