Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Algorithmic Information Theory
- G. J. Chaitin's series of lectures at the Santa Fe Institute in April 1995.
- A comprehensive site dedicated to biosemiotics, an interdisciplinary science that studies communication and signification in living systems.
DCU Artificial Life Laboratory
- Page focused on exploring the synthesis of basic Autopoietic Agents in computer created virtual computational structures (Virtual Chemistry).
Does the Universe in Fact Contain Almost No Information?
- A controversial paper by Max Tegmark suggesting that the algorithmic information content of the universe as a whole is close to zero (PDF).
Entropy in science.
- Site specializing in the uses of entropy in statistics and science.
Entropy on the World Wide Web
- To promote the appreciation, understanding, and applications of entropy in its many forms.
Gödel's Theorem and Information
- G.J.Chaitin's proof of Gödel's theorem using arguments having an algorithmic information theory flavor.
How Many Bytes in Human Memory
- A 1988 paper by Ralph C. Merkle.
IEEE Communications Society Communication Theory Technical Committee
- The Communication Theory Technical Committee of the IEEE Communications Society promotes information exchange and dissemination in the broad area of Communication Theory, with emphasis on applications to practical systems.
IEEE Information Theory Society Web Portal
- The site is devoted to the classical theoretical and experimental communicational aspects of Information transmission and processing.
Information Revisited: Introduction to the Proceedings FIS 94
- A good introduction to the Foundations of Information Science by Pedro C. Marijuán.
Information Theory Resources
- Small collection of links about Information Theory and Claude Shannon.
Information: the Concept
- An introductory article on information and probability distributions( version of 98-06-10). The first in a sequence of introductory articles on information and probability distributions by Marijke van Gans.
Intelligent Design as a Theory of Information
- A particular philosophical approach to the definition of information.
Introduction To Algorithmic Information Theory
- A lecture by George Markowsky.
Irreducible Complexity and Multiscale Reductionism
- System complexity seen from a different point of view.
Journal of Memetics
- Peer-reviewed E-journal dedicated, in general, to the evolution of cultural behaviors &, more specifically,to evolutionary models of information transmission.
Linear Complexity: A Literature Survey
- The linear complexity (LC) of a sequence is the size in bits of the shortest linear feedback shift register (LFSR) which can produce that sequence. The measure therefore speaks to the difficulty of generating -- and perhaps analyzing -- a particular sequence.
M.Sc. in Information Theory, Coding and Cryptography
- School of Mathematics, Applied Mathematics and Statistics National University of Ireland, Cork
- The memetic lexicon page in Principia Cybernetica Web.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor