Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Group Photographs from Noncommutative Ring Theory Meetings
- Taken by Tim Hodges.
Groupoid Home Page
- Maintained by Birant Ramazan at the Institute of Mathematics of the Romanian Academy.
Home Page of J. S. Milne
- Includes preprints and course notes on Group Theory, Fields and Galois Theory, Algebraic Geometry, Algebraic Number Theory,Modular Functions and Modular Forms, Elliptic Curves, Abelian Varieties, Etale Cohomology, and Class Field Theory.
Homogeneous Transformation Matrices
- Explicit n-dimensional homogeneous matrices for projection, dilation, reflection, shear, strain, rotation and other familiar transformations.
IDA: Algebra Interactive
- An HTML-based book by Arjeh M. Cohen, Hans Cuypers and Hans Sterk. It focuses on an algorithmic approach to algebraic structures. Many of these tools and examples use the computer algebra package GAP. Site has samples and errata.
International Clifford Algebra Society
- Abstracts, events, reviews.
Intro to Abstract Algebra
- Paul Garrett's detailed and comprehensive lecture notes in abstract algebra.
Lecture Notes in Algebra and Number Theory
- Andrew Baker, University of Glasgow.
Linear Algebra WebNotes by Dr. Mark Sapir
- Complete textbook based on class notes: includes examples of how to think up proofs. Also online access to Maple software through the Web, and a Webtester which always generates different questions. However, only the pre-linear-algebra Webtests are available to the public. [Requires free registration - only takes a few seconds.]
Macdonald Polynomial Web Page
- A collection of links to sites with information on Macdonald polynomials.
Macdonald Polynomials and the n! Conjecture
- Manuscripts and Publications.
- Concepts of Modern Algebra. Outline of the text for an introductory Algebra course.
Math Forum: Algebra Problem of the Week
- A weekly interactive project for algebra on the Internet. Challenging problems are posted and solutions appear on the Web.
- A visual repository of test data for use in comparative studies of algorithms for numerical linear algebra, featuring nearly 500 sparse matrices from a variety of applications, as well as matrix generation tools and services.
Octonions and Sedenions
- Enter the world of 8 and 16 dimensional hypercomplex numbers and discover that the laws that we take as granted do not always hold.
Ontario Research Centre for Computer Algebra (ORCCA)
- Carries out fundamental research in and development of mathematical software, focusing on Computer Algebra (CA).
Quantum Lie Algebras
- Current status of the research on Quantum Lie algebras and bibliography. Mathematica notebooks for calculations with quantum Lie algebras and animations of quantum root systems.
Ring Theory Resources
- A.D. Bell
Semi-Simple Lie Algebras and their Representations
- A book written by Robert Cahn, in Postscript.
Solving the Quintic with Mathematica
- Methods to solve algebraically several quintic equations. Though quintics cannot generally be solved in terms of finite sums of radicals, they can be solved as infinite series, for example. (Designed as an "on-line poster.")
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor