Submit a site
Equipment and Storage
Filtration and Treatment
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
AWWA Research Foundation
- Site has information on research projects covering all aspects of water supply, such as water treatment, water distribution, groundwater management, monitoring, and cryptosporidium and other waterborne pathogens.
American Water Works Association (AWWA)
- International nonprofit scientific and educational society dedicated to the improvement of drinking water quality and supply.
Arsenic in Drinking Water
- EPA compendium of research related to determining safe levels and setting new standards.
Association of Metropolitan Water Agencies
- Resources and information on drinking water related regulations and legislation.
Association of State Drinking Water Administrators (ASDWA)
- Professional association serving state drinking water programs.
Bacteria/Microbe - Contaminant Interactions
- USGS applied environmental engineering research project which focuses on monitoring of pathogens in US water supplies. Site tells how environmental microbiology is done, and describes facilities, capabilities, collaborators. Some online articles.
CBC Backgrounder: Water Treatment Methods
- Primer on drinking water treatment, particularly methods used in Canada's public water supplies.
California Water Association
- A consortium of investor-owned water utilities providing water utility services to customers throughout California. Site has information on drinking water standards, water treatment, and related topics.
Drinking Water Information Resources
- Comprehensive collection of information about the safety and quality of drinking water.
Drinking Water Outbreaks
- Collection point for information on outbreaks of infectious disease in drinking water, and related topics. Popular press reports, as well as primary source information, are included.
Drinking Water and Health Basics
- U.S. EPA Office of Ground Water and Drinking Water information on drinking water and health, including the National Primary Drinking Water Standards, fact sheets on specific drinking water contaminants, and guidance regarding Cryptosporidium for people with compromised immune systems.
EPA Office of Ground Water and Drinking Water
- Works to ensure safe drinking water and to protect the quality of our Nation's Drinking Water Supply.
King County Drinking Water
- A technical summary about where they get their drinking water in King County, who manages drinking water, and how it is managed.
- A Christian, non-profit organization helping rural poor (around the world) obtain safe drinking water. Lifewater Canada trains people to drill safe drinking water wells and build water pumps (handpumps). On-line resources include a 100-page water well drilling and hand pumps tutorial.
- Extensive information concerning magnesium, RDA intake, functions in the consumer diet, and relationship with water hardness. Also has several links to related sites.
National Drinking Water Clearinghouse
- Information primarily for and about small community drinking water systems. Includes fact sheets, educational materials, and information on water treatment technologies successfully used in small U.S. community water supply systems.
Protecting and Managing Source Water
- Learn about water contminants; their health effects, sources, and management options. Drinking water protection begins in your community.
Questions and Answers - Water
- Answers to some common questions about drinking water and health, from NIEHS.
South Central Texas Regional Water Planning
- SCTRWPG has been reviewing and evaluating water supply options for South Central Texas. Technical reports, presentations, general information, surveys, maps, and a guestbook can be found on this site.
Sulfate in Drinking Water
- Sulfate is a naturally occurring constituent in water. Site presents information on research by the U.S. EPA Office of Drinking Water into health aspects of sulphate in water.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor