Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Plastic Bag Association
- Plastic bags and the environment. The Plastic Bag Association members are 60 film manufacturers and suppliers in the United States and Canada.
- Online voice of the American Plastics Council (APC). Provides information on plastics and the environment with a focus on resource conservation and recycling issues.
Pollution Prevention Regional Information Center
- Pollution prevention (P2) information for Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, and other areas. Includes news, on-line information searches, librarian services, event calendar, service provider and consultant directories, program and project updates, mailing lists, and links.
Pollution Prevention at Home
- Consumer Pollution Prevention information from Ohio EPA Office of Pollution Prevention.
Pollution Prevention online distance learning course
- Online course for P2 professionals. Harvard professor Robert Pojasek, Ph.D. teaches the Systems Approach to pollution prevention. Learn what other organizations are doing to minimize pollution and maximize resources with Zero Waste.
- Includes information, resources, and directories for contributors, collectors, and users of recyclables.
Recycled Organics Unit
- The New South Wales center for organic resource management, information, research and development, demonstration and training. Extensive information on composting and other technical aspects of the beneficial reuse of organic waste materials.
- Several news articles concerning waste, recycling and re-use.
Recycling Coalition of Texas
- Promotes waste reduction through public policy, advocacy, professional development and public education in order to conserve finite natural resources and protect and enhance our natural environment within a sustainable framework.
- information from Environmental Defense Fund
- Extensive collection of tips on avoiding waste generation by reusing trash.
Remanufacturing Industries Council International
- Site features a FAQ about remanufacturing and links to remanufacturers of a variety of profucts. Remanufacturing is a form of recycling.
Rubberized Asphalt Concrete Technology Center (RACTC)
- A cooperative effort by California governments to promote the use of crumb rubber from scrap tires in roadway rehabilitation. Information on rubberized asphalt concrete technology.
Santa Barbara County Waste Reduction Programs
- Highlighted programs include construction and demolition debris, junk mail, commercial recycling and household hazardous waste disposal.
Slide Show: Environmental Brick Kiln
- About the development of a cleaner-firing brick kiln (built by hand, from bricks and mud) that reduces air emissions of toxic substances that are normally associated with brick production.
Steel Recycling Institute
- North American steel industry association that promotes and sustains the recycling of all steel products.
Swiss Foundation for the Reintegration of Plastic Materials
- Research and development regarding the reintegration of valuable materials into the flow of economy.
Target Zero Canada
- Information and encouragement for corporate waste reduction and other measures to establish the foundation for economic, environmental and community sustainability.
The Cygnus Group
- info on the most efficient and effective ways to reduce waste and pollution, thus conserving resources - focuses on source reduction and reuse, rather than just recycling.
The Internet Consumer Recycling Guide
- This recycling guide provides a starting point for consumers in the USA and Canada searching the net for recycling information.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor