Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Acid Mine Drainage
- Special issue of Groundwork magazine deals with AMD sources, impacts, prediction, and responses. Includes case histories from Australian mines.
Acid Mine Drainage Treatment
- Outline of different technologies and their effectiveness. From West Virginia University.
Appalachian Clean Streams Initiative
- U.S. government-directed citizen/industry/government program working to eliminate acid mine drainage from abandoned coal mines.
- Fifth International Conference on Acid Rock Drainage; May 21-24, 2000; Denver, Colorado
International Network for Acid Prevention (INAP)
- Industry based initiative that aims to globally coordinate research and development into the management of sulphide mine wastes. Site has information on acid mine drainage research projects and links to related sites.
- Canada's acidic drainage research and technology transfer program (languages: English, Francais)
Natural wetland treats acid mine drainage
- Describes a wetland pilot project by the Heizer-Manila Watershed Association in West Virginia. They used a natural wetland to help ameriolate acid mine drainage.
- Brief discussion and annotated collection of hyperlinks to websites and articles about this acidophilic bacterium and its role in the generation of acid mine drainage.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor