Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Radiation Science and Health
- Data and documents showing the beneficial effects of radiation in cancer treatment through radiation hormesis. Discusses radiation exposure and effects. Center for Nuclear Technology and Society Worcester Polytechnic.
Radiation and Health Physics
- Information and links from the University of Michigan health physics students.
Radioactive Pollution in Norway's Environment
- Norwegian Ministry of Environment information on radioactivity in the environment, sources, and efforts to reduce risks of releases from former Soviet facilities.
- Information resource for persons interested in the public safety consequences and radioecological impact of nuclear accidents and industries. Focus is on the dispersion of anthropogenic radionuclides into the biosphere.
- Electronic mailing list for health physicists, medical physicists, radiological engineers and others with a professional interest in radiation protection. List has a high level of posting activity.
Technologically-Enhanced Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (TENORM)
- Extensive source of information on natural radioactivity in the environment, as well as on issues related to NORM waste materials.
The National Radiological Protection Board
- Explains the role of the NRPB which is a statutory body charged with researching into, and advising on, protecting people from radiation hazards. Site includes a glossary of terms, publications and services, training and customer support.
U.S. NRC Radiation Protection
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission information materials on health physics topics, dose standards, occupational radiation exposure at NRC licensed facilities, human radiation experiments, and emergency response.
UIC - Radiation and Life
- Illustrated primer on radiation all around us. Origins and types of radiation. Ionising, cosmic, background and man-made radiation. Radon contributes 48% of the radiation dose to people in Australia. Uranium Information Center, 1998.
Useful Radiation Safety Sites and References
- Directory of websites with information on radiation safety, (both ionizing and non-ionising); advice on radiation protection; and links to UK legislation.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor