Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Ashland Nature Center
- Operated by the Delaware Nature Society, this center has year-round environmental education programs for individuals, schools,teachers and groups.
Blue Heron Learning Center
- A ten acre learning center showcasing South Carolina Lowcountry's flora and fauna. It includes trails, educational kiosks, an outdoor classroom, and a 4,000 square foot Nature Center.
Camp Bayou Outdoor Learning Center
- A public/private partnership created to encourage stewardship and education of Florida resources
Clay Hill Memorial Forest
- Outdoor classroom and environmental education facility, featuring a managed forest and nature preserve.
Colorado Outward Bound School
- A non-profit organization that offers adventure based, experiential education programs for anyone ages 14 and up.
- A partnership between Allegheny College and regional K-12 schools to turn the French Creek Watershed into outdoor environmental laboratories.
Eden Project, The
- A project based in Cornwall, England where two giant conservatories are being constructed to grow plants from different biomes in a sixty meter crater.
Edge of Kauai Investigations
- Five-day environmental seminars in Hawaii for naturalists and science teachers. Includes lectures, interactive field trips and lesson-plan workshops. Graduate credit available.
Environmental Science Summer Programs for Students/Teachers
- Environmental science summer programs for high school students and middle/high school teachers at the School of Public an environemntal Affairs, Indiana University.
- A 1600-acre farm and wilderness preserve in Los Altos Hills, California, provides a unique combination of programs teaching environmental and multicultural awareness. Farm hosts a hostel, camping, hikes and concerts.
Hudson River Sloop Clearwater
- Founded in 1969, this non-profit environmental organization has been working to protect and preserve the Hudson River and its tributaries through advocacy and providing unique outdoor education programs.
Illinois Raptor Center
- 15 acre wildlife and habitat education facility provides live raptor presentations to schools and other organizations.
Kingcombe Centre, The
- Holidays and Courses in an enchanted corner of West Dorset, UK surrounded by over 500 acres of nature reserve.
Nature Discovery Center, Bellaire, Texas
- Hands-on center dedicated to teaching families about science and nature. Offers school programs, classes for children, discovery rooms, adult lectures, bird walks and more.
North Carolina Maritime Museum
- The Museum has an active Boatbuilding Program, and offers many Environmental Education Programs, including the Cape Lookout Studies Program, which operates from a remote facility on North Carolina's Outer Banks.
Puget Sound Environmental Learning Center
- Serving the greater Seattle area, the PSELC teaches environmental and community stewardship by linking ecology, technology and the arts. Located on a magical 255-acre site on Bainbridge Island.
Quest Scholars Program
- A summer residence program for exceptionally gifted, low-income, underserved, predominantly minority high school juniors and seniors who are concerned with the environment and medicine. Offered at Stanford and Harvard Universities.
Rock Creek Environmental Studies Center
- On the PCC Campus, contains 100 acres of diverse habitats and is visited by the public, schools and the colleges environmental programs.
- Inland Seas Education Association is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a floating classroom, the Schoolship Inland Seas, where people of all ages can gain first-hand training and experience in the Great Lakes ecosystem.
The Schooner Ernestina
- Grand Banks fishing schooner recognized as a National Historic Lanmark by the Department of the Interior. Information on its history, events calendar, programs and membership.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor