Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Acid Deposition Monitoring and Research in the UK
- Information about the acid deposition monitoring networks managed by the National Environmental Technology Centre (AEA Technology plc).
- Information and links from Environment Canada
Acid Rain and Deposition
- A general overview of acid rain and deposition, its causes and effects. The consequences of acid rain in Canada and British Columbia are outlined.
Acid Rain's Effect on Plants and Wildlife
- Discusses acid rain and its impacts.
Acid Rain--A Contemporary World Problem
- This website explores the causes and solutions to the acid rain problem.
DTI Energy and the Environment Programme
- Aims to assess the impact of proposed energy-related environmental policies and regulation on UK industry.
Data and reports on Acid Rain, Atmospheric Deposition and Precipitation Chemistry
- U.S. Geological Survey information resources on acidic deposition in the United States.
Effects of Acid Rain on Aquatic Ecosystems
- Short primer, from University of Toronto.
Margot's Acid Rain SEA Project
- Student's fun and informative site about acid rain, in North Carolina and in general.
National Atmospheric Deposition Program (NADP/NTN)
- The US National Atmospheric Deposition Program operates an acid rain observing network that is used to monitor the chemistry of precipitation for geographical and temporal long-term trends. Quality assured precipitation chemistry data (including acidity) and analyzed maps are available for viewing and downloading.
UK Acid Waters Monitoring Network
- Monitors the ecological impact of acid deposition in areas of the United Kingdom believed to be sensitive to acidification.
US EPA Acid Rain Home Page
- Information about acid rain, its causes and effects, how we measure acid rain, and what is being done to solve the problem. Includes activities for students.
US EPA Acid Rain Program
- About EPA efforts reduce electric utilities' emissions of sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxides, the pollutants responsible for acid deposition. The program includes a system of tradable SO2 emissions allowances.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor