Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Collection of Assessment Strategies
- Presented by the Alaska Department of Education, the site provides descriptions, diagrams and links.
Assessing Student Performance in Science
- ERIC Digest, by D.L. Haury, discusses issues and provides extensive references for further reading.
Assigning Value: Science Assessment
- Brief document which discusses issues in science assessment.
Bringing the Science Assessment Standards into the Classroom
- Short discussion on issues in science assessment, based on CELA's project on Mathematics and Science Literacy.
Computer-Based Science Assessment : Implications for Students with Learning Disabilities
- Academic paper, discusses issues such as adaptive testing, figural response testing, computer simulations and anchored assessment.
Hot Topics: Assessment
- Provides extensive links to assessment items and resources.
Miami Museum of Science-Alternative Assessment Definitions
- Offering a description of a range of techniques for science assessment, the site also contains links to further information.
Middle Level Science: Assessment and Evaluation
- Saskatchewan Department of Education provides background information on the necessity for, and value of, assessment in science. Also provides examples for authentic assessment.
Performance Assessment Links in Science
- Requiring free registration, the site provides an on-line, standards-based, resource bank of science performance assessment tasks indexed via the National Science Education Standards (NSES) and various other standards frameworks.
Portfolios for Assessment and Instruction
- ERIC Digest, discussing assessment uses, instructional uses and a variety of other issues, provides extensive list of references.
STAR 2001 Blueprints
- The California Department of Education provides assessment rubrics in pdf format for Biology/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Earth Sciences and Physics.
Scholastic Portfolio Assessment -Science Assessment
- Geared to the United Kingdom science curriculum, the publisher offers a description and ordering information on these products.
- A selection of rubrics are offered for modeling purposes, together with advice and links to the new HSC (Australian) science course assessment requirements.
Science Assessment References
- An extensive list of references is provided by Dr. E.S.Klein.
Science Records of Achievement and Self Assessment
- Examples are provided, for year 2 to 6, of templates for science assessment.
Science Review & Assessment Resources from Wee3 of Kansas
- Providing a summary of the Wee3 of Kansas Science Review materials product line, including content-based and process-based materials, the site offers information on costs and ordering procedures.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor