Submit a site
Education and Research
Warnings and Forecasts
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Disaster Research Center
- Online Publications, Data, Bibliographies, and other information relevant to the sociology of disasters.
Forces of Nature
- Educational information about natural phenomena and different natural disasters. Includes information about the causes of disasters as well as lists of the worst recorded type of each disaster.
- Links to websites about volcanos, earthquakes, tsunamis, landslides, hurricanes, thunderstorms, and floods.
Hot Topics: Disasters
- New Scientist news and articles on some of the most feared natural disasters: fires, quakes, megafloods, tsunamis, meteors, mass extinctions.
Living Almanac of Disasters
- Almanac of historical disasters listed by date of the year.
Natural Disasters and Catastrophes
- About the causes, consequences and costs (if appropriate) of natural disasters and catastrophes. Includes specific commentary, features and statistics on a variety of subjects (i.e. volcanic activity) and a regularly updated listing of world-wide natural disasters effective January 1999.
ReliefWeb: Natural Disasters
- Archived information, from 1981 to the present, about major natural disasters, including floods, droughts, fires, earthquakes, hurricanes, and cyclones, focussing on international humanitarian relief efforts. From the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).
The WWW Virtual Library: Hazards and Risk
- Natural and man-made disasters, preparedness, impacts, and mitigation.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor