Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Dundee Satellite Receiving Station
- Maintains an up-to-date archive of images from NOAA AVHRR and SeaWiFS polar orbiting satellites for weather and oceanography.
International Weather Satellite Imagery Center
- A comprehensive listing of links to weather satellite images from around the world. The images are similar to and better than those on TV. The site is intended both for meteorologists and hobbyists.
Meteosat Images from the University of Ulm
- Up-to-date Meteosat weather images and movies covering mostly Europe, Africa and the Atlantic Ocean from the University of Ulm.
NASA Global Hydrology and Climate Center
- Interactively zoom and animate weather satellite images from a variety of geostationary satellites. Features include user selectable point and click sectoring, animation, a variety of map overlays, zoom levels, and map colors.
NOAA Geostationary Satellite Server
- Satellite Images such as infrared and water vapor.
Rafal's Weather Database
- A selection of real-time weather satellite pictures, by world region. Images also include 24-hour motion in .mpeg format, climate anomalies, and sea temperatures. Search the site for links to external weather pages.
Real-Time Weather Data: Satellite Page
Research Applications Program, National Center for Atmospheric Research
- Images of clouds taken from space by a geostationary satellite called GOES-8, orbiting the earth at an altitude of 35,800 km. Realtime satellite imagery of the Continental USA, with hi-res visible regional close-ups during daylight hours.
Rosenstiel School Satellite Imagery
SATPIX Meteosat Image Archive
- Live Meteosat Images, updated every half-hour
Space Science and Engineering Center
- Offering analysis and distribution of real-time geostationary satellite data.
- Distributor of satellite imagery received from optical and radar remote sensing satellites. This earth observation raster imagery is compatible with all GIS and used for example in land mapping or vegetation monitoring.
The Satellite Active Archive
Weather satellite images
- Real time images from polar orbiting satellites (NOAA)and geostationary satellites (Meteosat, GOES, GMS, FY-2). Global coverage. Hurricanes and tropical storms tracking. Tutorial on the image interpretation and satellite description.
satftp www server
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor