Submit a site
History of Earth
K through 12
Rocks and Minerals
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
California Underground: Our Caves and Subterranean Habitats
- Educational materials and photographic tours on the formation and occurrence of different types of caves, cave biology, and cave conservation. From the Oakland Museum of California.
- A totally new concept in visitor entertainment. It combines the very latest interpretative technology and special effects with cutting edge scientific thinking.
- A daily update on the state of the planet from the Discovery Channel Online.
Earth Fact Sheet
- Basic earth statistics from the NSSDC.
Earth Science Publishers
- Specializing in educational earth science books and videos.
Earth Science Resource Center
- A division of the Office of Special Programs and Continuing Education at the Colorado School of Mines. The ESRC publishes relevant science-related materials.
Earth and Oceanic Sciences Research Centre
- Auckland University of Technology.
- Earth science information for both teachers and students. Glossary, lesson plans, extensive links, lists of topics, and other resources.
Geology Postgraduate Research Supervision Survey
- Surveyo of geoscience research students, focusing on the quality of supervision and problem areas experienced by students doing their research.
Museums Teaching Planet Earth
- Educational earth science resources and software produced by Rice University in collaboration with the Houston Museum of Natural Science, funded by NASA under the Office of Earth Science
NASA Planetary Science Research Discoveries
- An educational on-line magazine describing discoveries in planetary and space sciences. Written for teachers, students, and the general public.
Science for Everyone
- Collections of recent articles on topics related to the science of planet Earth. From AGU.
The Exploration of the Earth's Magnetosphere
- Home page of a detailed non-mathematical introduction to the research on the Earth's magnetic environment in space and its history. Contains master directory of more than 70 related text files.
US Geological Survey
- Geology-related education resources
Understanding our Planet Through Chemistry
- U.S.Geological Survey site links to reports showing how chemists and geologists use analytical chemistry to study earth science questions.
Water Science for Schools
- Information on many aspects of water, along with pictures, data, maps, and an interactive center.
What in the World?
- Intellegent Child asks such questions as, why is the sky blue? Why do we have night and day? Why do we have seasons? Who built the pyramids? Do lobsters have lips?
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor