Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Brief History of Chemistry
- A few short pages for an overview of the history of chemistry. Includes a review of early chemistry and a list of Nobel Prize winners.
A and B Scott Science History
- History of development of atomic theory and periodic table; links from each scientist named to primary sources and more extensive biographical material.
- Covers computational chemistry and some history of chemistry.
American Chemical Society
- Division of the History of Chemistry. Includes information on membership, resources, and links to related sites.
Atomic Structure Timeline
- Created by Lee Buescher , Science Department, Watertown High School , Watertown, Wisconsin.
- The Arnold and Mabel Beckman Center for the History of Chemistry has the goal of supporting basic research in the history of the chemical sciences and to sponsor events of interest to scholars and the informed public.
Biographies of Famous Chemists
- Links to biographies of over 200 people who have advanced and refined the field of chemistry. A section of the WWW Virtual Library.
Cairo University - Science Heritage Center
- Comprehensive history of science in general, with a specific focus on the history of science in Egypt.
Carmen Giunta's Classic Chemistry
- The principal purpose of this site is to post the texts of several classic papers from the history of chemistry. This site also contains pointers to a few other chemistry-related sites. Maintained by Carmen Giunta of Le Moyne College.
Case Histories of Drug Discovery
- Society for Medicines Research symposium, "Case Histories of Drug Discovery," now available online RealAudio webcast.
Chemical Heritage Foundation
- The Chemical Heritage Foundation (CHF), established by the American Chemical Society (ACS) and the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), had its origins in 1982. CHF seeks to strengthen public understanding of the chemical sciences and technologies.
Chemistry: A History
- A comprehensive history of chemistry, from the early chemical arts to today. Includes reference notes and related information.
Classic Papers from the History of Chemistry
- Virtual library for the history of science, technology and medicine. Includes the full-text of more than 30 articles by authors including Priestley, Faraday, Davy, Rutherford and Thomson. Also a few historical and biographical articles, and a fairly extensive photo gallery.
Classic Papers from the History of Chemistry (and Some Physics too)
- Transcribed or excerpted historical papers of major importance to the sciences of chemistry and physics.
Detergent Chemistry: History
- A history of synthetic detergents and of the synthetic detergent industry.
Elemental and Molecular Heritage: An Internet-Based Display
- A heavily hyperlinked "virtual museum" showing samples (and explaining the historical value) of chemicals, compounds, or elements which were made in the lab well over 100 years ago.
FAQ: History of chemistry
- A searchable database of frequently asked questions from the History of chemistry section of General Chemistry Online.
Frederick Abel, English Chemist
- Sir Frederick Abel's work was essential in the Western development of gunpowder.
Glenn T. Seaborg
- The life and contributions of Dr. Glenn T. Seaborg. Site maintained by the Lawrence Berkeley Lab.
Greek Chemical Heritage
- Brief description of the terms used in Chemical nomenclature, which have a Greek origin.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor