Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
'Oldest' ape-man fossils revealed
- A team of scientists unveil the remains of an ape-man said to be six million years old - twice the age of the oldest known so far.
'Origins of Communication' by Dorothy Cheney
- Video presentation by an authority on behavior, communication, and cognition of monkeys and apes, with a focus on the similarities and differences between human and primate communication.
'Origins of Culture' by William McGrew
- Video presentation. McGrew has written several books including, 'Chimpanzee Material Culture: Implications for Human Evolution' and 'Tool-use by free-ranging chimpanzees: The extent of diversity'.
'Origins of Human Language' by Steven Pinker
- Video presentation by the Director of the Center for Cognitive Neuroscience at MIT and one of the world's leading evolutionary psychologists. An expert in the field of linguistic theory, Dr. Pinker has done extensive research on language acquisition and development. Both controversial and thought provoking, two of his recent books, 'How the Mind Works' and 'The Language Instinct', were NY Times bestsellers.
'Origins of Peace' by Frans de Waal
- Video presentation by the Director of the Living Links Center at the Yerkes Regional Primate Research Center, Emory University and the C.H. Candler Professor of Primate Behavior, Department of Psychology, Emory University. Dr. de Waal is a widely known and published expert in the field of primate behavior. He is the author of four best selling books including the recent 'Bonobo: The Forgotten Ape' and 'Chimpanzee Politics: Power and Sex Among Apes'.
'Origins of War' by Richard Wrangham
- Video presentation by a scientist who has has conducted extensive field research on chimpanzees and other mammals. He is widely respected, having received a number of fellowships and awards including the Royal Anthropological Institute Rivers Medal, and is quickly becoming one of the foremost field researchers and primatologists of our time.
A Conversation with James D. Watson
- As the race to decode the human genome continues to drive forward, Science Friday talks to James D. Watson, the first president of the NIH's National Center for Human Genome Research.
A Discussion with Matt Ridley
- Audio interview - question and answer session.
A finger on sexuality
- Finger length may be an indication of sexual orientation, a study by Marc Breedlove has shown.
A tutorial on evolutionary psychology
- PDF by Edward Hagen of UCSB.
An Anthropologist on Mars
- A conversation with well-known neurologist Oliver Sacks.
An Essay on Evolutionary Psychology
- An interesting summary of some of the issues.
An evolutionary psychology-based view of the 1976 action movie Sky Riders
- The 1976 action movie Sky Riders was hang gliding's only major movie. This web page is part of a hang gliding history site, but its viewpoint is after a quarter century of evolutionary psychology.
An honour to die for
- The Darwin Awards have spawned a host of imitators, urban myths and tall tales. The winner is the person judged to have caused their death in the most stupid way during the past year.
Anatomy of Disgust
- The Channel 4 series, Anatomy of Disgust, explores that response and the uses positive and negative to which it can be put.
- A report in Nature may settle once and for all a contentious debate in the world of anthropology.
Andrew Brown on Evolutionary Psychology Online
- A review in Salon.
Animal Behavior, Comparative Psychology and Ethology Resources
- Resources on animal behavior, comparative psychology and ethology; this class of behavioral adaptations are known as instincts that typically evolve over many generations.
Anthro.Net Research Engine
- Search engine of web sites and bibliographic references for anthropology and related social sciences.
Archives of ETHOLOGY@SEGATE.SUNET.SE
- Archives of the ethology discussion group.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor