Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Provides access to credible, national, regional and international, policy statements on topics relating to human genetics.
Human Chromosome Launchpad
- A single-source launchpad to information about each human chromosome. There are links to gene maps, sequences, genetic disorders, non-human models, identified genes, laboratories, and research.
Human Gene Mutation Database
- The HGMD in Cardiff is the most comprehensive database of human gene mutation data available.
Human Genetics Programme
- World health organization programme which develops genetic approaches to the control of the most common hereditary diseases and those with a genetic predisposition.
Human Genome Center
Human Genome Management Information System
Human Genome Mapping Project Resource Centre
- The HGMP-RC provides resources for research workers in the field of genetics. Sponsored by the UK Medical Research Council.
Human Genome Organisation (HUGO)
- An international organization of scientists promoting international collaboration within the Human Genome Project.
Human Genome Program Research in Progress
- Explore this site for U.S. Human Genome Project progress, research, and resources.
Human Genome Project
- Information about the Project, its progress, history, and goals; issues associated with genome research; frequently asked questions, the science behind the project; and Project sponsors.
Human Genome Project General Information
- A 15-year effort coordinated by the U.S. Department of Energy and the NIH to identify all the estimated 80,000 genes in human chromosomes, determine the sequence of the chemical bases that make up human DNA, store this information in databases, and develop tools for data analysis.
- Non-commercial site providing information on topics related to human genome sequencing - gene therapy, genetic diseases, cloning, stem cell research, etc.
Human Telomere Mapping and Sequencing
- Integration of available human telomere mapping and sequencing data into a single annotated reference map and sequence for each human telomere.
- A companion piece to the PBS series, this site uses stories to illustrate new developments in human genetics and how these developments will impact our lives.
Institute for Behavioral Genetics
- Organized research unit dedicated to conducting and facilitating research on the genetic and environmental bases of individual differences in behavior.
- A human mitochondrial genome database
MRC Human Genetics Unit
- The Medical Research Council Human Genetics Unit undertakes basic and strategic research to obtain a molecular and cellular understanding of genetic factors implicated in human disease and normal and abnormal development, thereby gaining important insights into basic biological mechanisms.
Mapping Genes that Modulate Eye Growth
- A research paper published in investigative ophthalmology and visual science on genes that control eye growth.
Mutation Research Genomics Initiative
- Objectives are to catalyze the mutation research community to apply genomics-related technologies and resources, to create new approaches for understanding mutagenesis and determining the health consequences of genetic mutations.
NHGRI Researcher Resources
- Genomic and genetic resources on the World Wide Web - from the National Human Genome Research Institute.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor