Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
1st SPOT Cosmology
- References to some good cosmological sites on the Web, featuring in-depth coverage of issues like dark matter, black holes and symmetric theory.
A Brief History of Time
- quotations from the Stephen W. Hawking book.
- Andromeda Galaxy and Amplified Pixels Experiment; search for dark matter (MACHO) by microlensing events on unresolved stars in the neighboring galaxy.
- Short introduction to cosmology.
Astronomy and Cosmology
- A source for information on astronomy, cosmology, and related topics.
COBE Home Page
- The COBE satellite was developed by NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center to measure the diffuse infrared and microwave radiation from the early universe,
- Information from Cambridge University. Cosmology, Black holes, Cosmic strings et al, Inflation, Quantum gravity
- by Henry E. Kandrup. A college-level textbook for an introductory course in cosmology for nonscientists. Comes in a zipped postscript file.
- Online text of a book postulating the existence of a repulsive force, to explain the observed expansion of the universe without exotic dark matter. Aimed at a popular audience.
- an "interactive book" focusing on the topics of astronomy, cosmology, and theoretical physics. It also provides a number of unique services including an index of all 88 constellations, several interactive games and quizzes, and extensive information on stars, galaxies, the Big Bang, and other fascinating topics!
Cosmologies List - Theories of the Universe
- A free service where you can read about and discuss ideas, news and issues concerning theories of the universe. Topics to be covered here include the creation(s) of the universe(s), mythological creation stories, classical theories and their proponents, old or ongoing debates, discoveries, past and current cosmological research, quantum mechanics, relativity, the quest for a Theory of Everything (Unified Field Theory), and more.
- Selected links about cosmology. Nice collection!
Cosmology - PBS Online
- Companion site to the miniseries "Cosmology" on PBS.
Cosmology Books and Links
- Annotated list of books, articles, and websites from a popular course at Sonoma State University.
Cosmology Research at the University of Kansas
- A short summary of major research areas in cosmology, with links to research activities and personnel at the University of Kansas, as well as major national efforts.
Cosmology: A Research Briefing
- A site from the National Academy Press which includes chapters on CMBR, the large scale structure of universe, and the physics of the early universe. Appropriate for everyone with basic knowledge of physics.
Distant Galaxies and Cosmology Models
- Article on possible cosmological models.
Galaxy Formation and the Intergalactic Medium
- This site is dedicated to summarizing the research of Paul Shapiro's cosmology group. Of interest mainly to specialists.
Good Cosmology Sites
- Links to cosmology resources.
Great Debates in Astronomy
- Following in the footsteps of the famous April 1920 'Great Debate' between Harlow Shapley and Heber Curtis, this series of debates among leaders in the astronomical community highlight major quests in astronomy and astrophysics in an open forum at the turn of the millennium.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor