Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research
- Conducts research in the Arctic, the Antarctic and at temperate latitudes. It coordinates Germany's polar research programme and provides other institutions with the facilities, equipment and logistics needed for polar expeditions.
Arctic Antarctic Research Center
- Maintains an archive of more than 120, 000 satellite passes of the Earth's polar regions. The centre also provides data processing services to a wide variety of polar researchers.
Arctic and Antarctic Advice Agency Austria
- Directory, data, and pictures research stations.
Arctic and Antarctic Regions
- Resource for research on cold regions. General information, overview, and content.
Arctic, Antarctic, and Alpine Research
- An interdisciplinary journal providing original research on the Polar regions. Includes abstracts, index, subscription information. It does not provide the full-text of articles.
Byrd Polar Research Center
- The program is addressed to Ph.D. students and post-doctoral scientists who study arctic and subarctic environments.
National Institute of Polar Research
- Japanese facility that researches polar meteorology, glaciology, oceanography, geology, marine and terrestrial biology, ecology, and Antarctic meteorites. Includes information on facilities, publications, and joint research.
National Science Foundation
- Office of polar programs concerned with scientific research, and operational support of that research.
National Science Foundation: Polar Research
- NSF programs for support of scientific research in the Arctic and Antarctic.
National Snow and Ice Data Center
- Information and referral center supporting polar and cryospheric research. Site includes education resources, the NSIDC data catalog and an image gallery.
Norwegian Polar Institute
- The Norwegian Polar Institute is Norway's central institution for research, environmental monitoring and mapping of the polar regions. The Institute is the Norwegian authorities' consultant and supplier of knowledge, and contributes to the best possible administration of Norwegian polar areas. Covers Svalbard and Jan Mayen
Operation Deep Freeze
- Information and pictures on the use of US Navy Destroyer Escorts as weather picket ships from 1957 to 1968.
- Springer scientific journal that presents results of all kinds of studies in plants, animals, and micro-organisms of marine, limnic and terrestrial habitats of arctic and antarctic regions.
Polar Climate Group
- At the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University. Goals, staff, publications, research, and literature.
- Directory of web sites about the polar regions and related scientific topics.
Polar Research Board
- Provides independent analysis to the federal government and the nation on matters of science and technology affecting public policy on research needs, environmental quality, natural resources, and other issues in the Arctic, the Antarctic, and cold regions in general.
Scott Polar Research Institute
- Information about the research groups, postgraduate courses, and library. Includes a picture library database.
- Sea ice concentration and cloud signature maps of polar areas.
Swedish Polar Research Secretariat
- A governmental organisation under the Ministry of Education and Science with the mission to promote Swedish polar research by planning, organising and conducting research expeditions to the Arctic and Antarctic regions. English/Swedish.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor