Submit a site
Employment Standards Administration
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Administrative Review Board (ARB)- U.S. DOL
- In April 1996, the Secretary of Labor established the Administrative Review Board to succeed the former Board of Service Contract Appeals, Wage Appeals Board, and Office of Administrative Appeals. The Secretary delegated directly to the Administrative Review Board the authority of the Secretary of Labor and other deciding officials to issue final agency decisions under a broad range of Federal labor laws, including nuclear, environmental, and Surface Transportation Assistance Act whistleblower cases, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program cases and child labor cases.
Benefits Review Board - U.S. DOL
- The Department of Labor's Benefits Benefits Review Board was created to review and issue decisions on appeals of worker's compensation claims arising under the Longshore and Harbor Worker's Compensation Act and the Black Lung Benefits amendments to the Federal Coal Mine Health and Safety Act of 1969.
Bureau of International Labor Affairs (ILAB) - U.S. Department of Labor
- The ILAB carries out the Department of Labor's international responsibilities under the direction of the Deputy Under Secretary for International Affairs, and assists in formulating international economic, trade, and immigration policies affecting American workers.
Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
- US Department of Labor agency that maintains statistical information about the economy, population, demographics, unemployment, wages, staffing patterns. Also contains list of Occupational Codes (OES Structure). Great forms-based database of timeseries data.
Davis-Bacon & Related Acts Web Information Service (DBRA)
- Provides public access to Davis-Bacon information and supports the user in filling out the Report of Construction Contractor's Wage Rates (WD-10) Form. The type of information that you will find here includes information about the Schedule of Surveys being conducted to make wage determinations; regional office information; and, help.
Employees' Compensation Appeals Board (ECAB) - U.S. Department of Labor
- The Board is a three member quasi-judicial body which has been delegated exclusive jurisdiction by Congress to hear and make final decisions on appeals from determinations of the Office of Workers' Compensation Programs (Office) in claims of federal employees arising under the Federal Employees' Compensation Act (FECA).
Employment and Training Administration - ETA
- Information on programs, assistance, and training opportunities for employers and employees.
Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA)
- The mission of the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) is to administer the provisions of the Federal Mine Safety and Health Act of 1977 (Mine Act) and to enforce compliance with mandatory safety and health standards as a means to eliminate fatal accidents; to reduce the frequency and severity of nonfatal accidents; to minimize health hazards; and to promote improved safety and health conditions in the Nation's mines. MSHA carries out the mandates of the Mine Act at all mining and mineral processing operations in the United States.
Occupational Safety & Health Administration - OSHA
Office of Administrative Law Judges - U.S. DOL
- Administrative law judges from the United States Department of Labor's Office of Administrative Law Judges preside over formal hearings concerning many labor-related matters. The office's mission is to render fair and equitable decisions under the governing law and the facts of each case.
Office of Workers' Compensation Programs (OWCP)
- The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers three major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.
Office of the Inspector General (OIG) - U.S. DOL
- The Office of the Inspector General serves the American Worker and Taxpayer by conducting audits, investigations, and evaluations that result in improvements in the effectiveness, efficiency, and economy of Departmental programs and operations. OIG detects and prevents fraud and abuse in DOL programs and labor racketeering in the American workplace.
Pension and Welfare Benefits Administration (PWBA) - U.S. DOL
- The Pension and Welfare Benefits Administration (PWBA) protects the integrity of pensions, health plans, and other employee benefits for more than 150 million people.
U.S. Department of Labor
- Charged with preparing the American workforce for new and better jobs, and ensuring the adequacy of America's workplaces. Responsible for the administration and enforcement of over 180 federal statutes.
- Explains what is involved and answers common questions about employing people in small businesses.
Veterans' Employment and Training Service (VETS) - U.S. DOL
- The mission of the agency is to help veterans, reservists, and National Guard members in securing employment and the rights and benefits associated with such, through existing programs, the coordination and merger of programs, and the implementation of new programs. Services provided are to be consistent with the changing needs of employers and the eligible veterans' population.
Women's Bureau - U.S. Department of Labor
- The Women's Bureau is a part of the Department of Labor and is the only federal Agency devoted exclusively to the concerns of women in the labor force. The bureau works to improve the economic status and opportunity for equal and profitable employment.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor