Submit a site
HUD Press Releases
Public Housing Agencies
Local HUD Offices
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) - Office of Special Actions
Department of Housing and Urban Development - Office of Community Planning and Development
- HUD's Community Planning and Development page
Department of Housing and Urban Development - Office of Housing
- Feature articles: Downpayment Simplification Update! The President signed the HUD, VA, and Independent Agencies appropriations bill and it includes an extension for all mortgages closed on or before 12/31/02. Asset Sales HUD is pleased to announce the Asset Sales initiatives in the year 2000.
Dept. of Housing and Urban Development
- Government agency oversees home mortgage lending practices.
Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
- Housing Discrimination HUD is ready to help with any problem of housing discrimination. If you think your rights have been violated, the Housing Discrimination Complaint Form is available for you to download, complete and return, or complete online and submit, or you may write HUD a letter, or telephone the HUD Office nearest you. You have one year after an alleged violation to file a complaint with HUD, but you should file it as soon as possible.
Federal Customer Centers
- The Office of the Chief Procurement Officer (CPO) was created in 1998 as part of the HUD 2020 Management Reform Plan to serve as the focal point to reform, streamline and improve procurement operations Departmentwide.
Government National Mortgage Association - Ginnie Mae
- Helps expand homeownership opportunities for all Americans and provides reliable and timely information for homebuyers, mortgage finance professionals, and securities investors.
HUD - Office of Lead Hazard Control
- In December 1991 under Congressional authority, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) created the Office of Lead Hazard Control (formerly named the Office of Lead-Based Paint Abatement and Poisoning Prevention). The Office advises the Secretary, as well as all HUD program offices and field offices on lead poisoning prevention issues. Committed to the goal of providing lead-safe housing to the Nation's children while preserving affordable housing, the Lead Office:
HUD - Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization
- The Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) was created as part of the Small Business Act, as amended by Public Laws 95-507 and 100-507. Every Federal agency is required to have an OSDBU, which, by statute, reports directly to the head of the agency. The primary responsibility of the OSDBU is to ensure that small businesses, small disadvantaged businesses and women-owned businesses are treated fairly and that they have an opportunity to compete and be selected for a fair amount of the agency's contract dollars. The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is committed to ensuring that small businesses, small disadvantaged businesses and women-owned businesses participate fully in HUD direct contracting as well as in contracting opportunities generated by HUD grant funds.
HUD 203k Rehabilitation Loans
- A database of HUD 203k certified specialists to assist the home owner or home buyer successfully complete a HUD 203k loan. Many times Homeowners and Home buyers would like to remodel their home but lack the funds or experience. The HUD 203k Loan program can provide the funds and guidance to complete the project
HUD Calendar of Events
- A listing of various events that HUD has sponsored, or events where HUD participates.
HUD Discrimination Complaints
- Reporting site for instances of discrimination in any HUD funded housing.
HUD Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Complaints
- HUD information on reporting fraud, waste and abuse in HUD funded programs.
HUD IG's Homepage
- HUD's Office of the Inspector General is the investigative body assigned to handle investigations of complaints related to HUD's funds.
- An index of many of HUD's Washington, DC based offices, such as the Department of Equal Employment Opportunities, Office of Public and Indian Housing, and Office of Lead Hazard Control.
- Contains valuable statistics for those interested in financing, developing, or managing affordable housing, including HUD-mandated rent and income levels for assisted housing programs (Low Income Housing Tax Credit, Section 8 and other) and Fair Market Rents.
Mortgage Insurance for Disaster Victims
Office of University Partnerships
- Helping colleges and universities join with their neighbors in addressing urban problems and in enabling students, faculty, and neighborhood organizations to work together to revitalize their communities.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development - Federal Rent Assistance
- Looking for an apartment? It can be both exciting - and frustrating! But if you approach the whole process systematically and if you know your rights, apartment hunting doesn't have to be a hassle. Read through this Renter's Kit before you begin. And happy hunting!
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development - How to Apply for Federal Rent Assistance
- To be eligible for most programs, your income must be at or below the maximum established for your area. If you want to apply for public housing or Section 8 certificates or vouchers, you must go to your housing authority. If you want to apply for housing in a privately owned dwelling, you will have to visit the management office for that site. You can get a listing of the privately owned subsidized housing sites in your area by contacting your local HUD office.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor