Society and Culture
Submit a site
Maps and Views
Monuments and Plaques
New Haven County
New London County
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Shoeleather History of Hartford, Connecticut
- A look at some interesting tidbits of history pertaining to the city.
Connecticut Historic Preservation Collection
- Information of holdings available for historical research on any of the state's towns.
Connecticut Newspaper Project
- Locate, catalog and inventory all American newspapers held in libraries, historical societies and other repositories in the state, and second, to preserve and increase access to American newspapers by microfilming as many of their state newspapers as possible.
Connecticut Poorhouse History
- Illustrations and information on poorhouses in Norwich, Greenville and Hartford, plus local notes.
Connecticut State Archives
- Contains records documenting the evolution of state public policy, the rights and claims of citizens and the history of Connecticut and its people. Downloadable PDF files available.
- Profile of Ella Grasso, former Governor of Connecticut, the first woman elected a state governor in her own right.
Historic, Cultural and Genealogical Resources
- Directory of links for museums, historic sites, historical societies, libraries, cemeteries, maps and other materials.
Historical Commission: Connecticut Freedom Trail
- Interactive tour chronicling Connecticut's role in helping escaped slaves reach safety.
Medal of Honor Recipients
- Name, rank and military unit of Connecticut personnel, for the Civil War, War with Spain, Boxer Rebellion, World Wars I and II, Korean conflict, Vietnam and others.
New Haven Railroad Historical and Technical Association Collection
- Description of the collection on deposit at the University of Connecticut's Thomas J. Dodd Research Center.
Selected Dates in Connecticut's History
- From 1614 when Adriaen Block sailed up the Connecticut River to 1990 when Eunice Groark was the first woman elected to the position of Lieutenant Governor.
The Colonel Daniel Putnam Association, Inc.
- Historical society in honor of Colonel Daniel Putnam, a son of Major General Israel Putnam. The association owns and preserves a historical house in Brooklyn, Connecticut formerly owned by Daniel.
The Colonial Seal
- Illustration and information on the seal which represented the State of Connecticut in Colonial days.
The Connecticut Colonies
- The Connecticut colonies formed a commonwealth for the good and safety of each colony
The Ekonk Hill Petroglyph Site
- An archaeogeodesy perspective of the petroglyphed boulders at Ekonk Hill, Sterling.
WPA Life Histories from Connecticut
- First-person accounts of life in Connecticut collected during the Great Depression.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor