Society and Culture
Submit a site
Center on Postsecondary Education and Disability
Pappanikou Center for Disability Studies
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A. J. Pappanikou Center on Disability Studies
- Works with others to create opportunities that improve the lives of persons with disabilities and their families through training, services and information.
Brain Injury Association of Connecticut
- Promotes support groups and service systems for persons with brain injury and their families; provides education about TBI, its related problems and prevention; advocates for community and medical resources needed to provide comprehensive TBI care; and directly meets selected needs that are currently unaddressed by existing systems.
Connecticut Association for Children with Learning Disabilities
- CACLD provides services for children and adults with LD and/or ADHD, their families, and professionals who work with them.
Connecticut Birth to Three System
- Provides developmental evaluations and early intervention services for infants and toddlers (from 0-36 months of age) who have significant developmental delays or disabilities.
Connecticut Coalition for Inclusive Education
- A statewide non-profit organization committed to advocating for inclusive education for students with all types of disabilities.
Connecticut Department of Mental Retardation
- The supports and services DMR administers or purchases include residential services, day programs, employment supports, family supports, case management and clinical services.
Connecticut Department of Social Services: Services to Adults and People with Disabilities
- The Department administers programs which promote social, physical and economic well-being while providing people with disabilities with opportunities to achieve their full potential for self direction.
Connecticut Parent Advocacy Center
- The CT Parent Advocacy Center, Inc. (CPAC) is a statewide nonprofit organization that offers information and support to families of children with any disability or chronic illness, age birth through 21.
Connecticut Respite Programs
- Contact information for respite care.
Connecticut Tech Act Project
- The goal of the Connecticut Tech Act Project is to assure that all citizens with disabilities have access to the assisitive technology (AT) that they need. This is accomplished through public awareness, systems change activities, training, advocacy and services to individuals.
Deaf Connecticut Directory
- Organizations who provide education or support for deaf individuals.
Easter Seals of Connecticut
- Programs and services for children and adults with disabilities.
Family Village -- Connecticut Resources
- Information, resources, communication opportunities for persons with disabilities.
- HART, Inc. is a non-profit agency which provides support services to individuals with developmental disabilities.
NAMI of Connecticut
- People with mental illness, family members, friends, professionals and businesses who are dedicated to improving the care, treatment and status of people with mental illness.
NICHCY Connecticut State Sheet
- Contact information for disability resources.
Special Olympics Connecticut
- Provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for all people with mental retardation.
Yale Child Study Center
- Comprehensive, multidisciplinary evaluations for children and adults with social disabilities, usually focusing on the issues of diagnosis and intervention. Conducts several large research projects on autism, AS, and other PDD's.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor