Arts and Entertainment
Periods and Styles
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Gaga for Googie
- A lively, illustrated introduction to the style by Coco in The Daily Revolution, with references to other sites.
Going Googie Gone
- Article from the Anaheim Bulletin by Brady MacDonald, giving the history of the style and regretting its loss in Anaheim, once a great center of Googie. From Historic Anaheim.
Googie Architecture On-Line
- Chris Jepsen's exploration of the 1950s American style named after Googie's coffee shop in Los Angeles, designed by John Lautner (1949). History, news, images of examples with commentary.
- A look at this 1950s space-age style from Roadside Peek.
Googie: The Final Frontier
- Illustrated article by Ron Saari from Roadside Magazine. He describes the 1950s style which sprang up in Southern California, its origins, appeal, spread, uses, decline, and surviving examples.
Orange County Architecture
- Article by Shelby Grad from the Los Angeles Times on the attempts of preservationists to halt the loss of Googie buildings in the county. From Historic Anaheim.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor